Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Description from the Malossi Website (doesn't say anything about performance expectations):

MAXI WILD LION EXHAUST SYSTEM

Beautiful! Technologically perfect: with their strong character and such an aggressive shape, they give a touch of “High-Class” to the maxi scooter enhancing it in a superlative way.

Thanks to the great development of Malossi Engineering’s technical staff (utilizing the most up-to-dated labs) and with extensive racing experience, Malossi wanted to make a significant difference by incorporating the following design requirements to the new MAXI WILD LION exhaust system: innovative look, performance, lightness, reliability and QUALITY.
The new Maxi Wild Lion Exhaust Systems come complete with all the necessary mounting hardware and gaskets.

TECHNICAL FEATURES

Aluminum alloy casing with anodized titanium finish, elliptical cross section. Stainless steel end caps with laser logo markings. A “chicane” silencer system with the addition of sound absorbing mineral fibers, possessing high noise damping and non-degrading qualities. Stainless steel exhaust tubes from the cylinder or to the silencer. The final assembly utilizes stainless steel riveted clamps producing a sealing area of exceptional mechanical strength in turn eliminating any exhaust gas leakage. This assembly technique is often seen on more expensive racing exhaust systems. The exhaust-mounting clamp is made of stainless steel and is available for high or low mounting.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the Leo Vince Exhaust

Here is a pic of the Leo Vince's 4Road Exhaust for the AN650 (part# 4151). They don't have a picture of it on the 650, but it looks a lot better than the Malossi one IMO. The description is below, and they mention that is you get a gain in tourque and 'clear improvement in throttle response:'

DESCRIPTION:

The new "maxi scooters" are proving increasingly popular. Their real appeal comes from ever-bigger 4-stroke engines, which have moved their performance into areas once exclusively reserved for motor cycles.
The maxi-scooter can be used for long distances, often on motorways; it therefore requires competitive performance, and comfort, if it is to live up to its rider's expectations.
Leo Vince saw a new market opening and wasted no time: we are pleased to present a new range of special EEC-homologated slip-on cans, specially designed for maxi-scooters with 4-stroke engines.
The creation of a high performance scooter exhaust that is also homologated is no mean feat, and Leo Vince has been aided in this by its long experience with 4-stroke sports bikes. The main engineering obstacle is the limited space available, which considerably restricts design.
In view of the above, we focused on a few basic themes. The exhausts are made from stainless steel, chosen for its durability and beauty. The silencers are in one piece, with stainless steel brackets on the wheel side, and three silentblok anti-vibration mountings.
To boost performance and silencing, a new type of silencer has been developed. This is not a "direct" exhaust, but features a closed loop gas path, which allows the engine to "breathe" whilst reducing noise levels. The interior is lined with high quality sound-absorbent material, which is highly vibration-resistant, and withstands temperatures of almost 800°C.
The end result: an increase in torque and a clear improvement in throttle response.
The LeoVince design team has come up with a very attractive package, perfectly suited to the styling of the scooters themselves, with dynamic, eye-catching looks.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have seen and heard the Leo Vince exhaust on a SW. Good quality and nice low (not loud) sound. Both owners commented they did not notice any "significant" change in performance. If anyone hears anything different, please post it. I was thinking of putting one on my 400 when I get it, but if it is cosmetic only, I may pass on it considering their price.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
They both look good to me Migz. I think I will wait to see if you notice any improvements with the installation of your new exhaust. Keep us updated and thanks for the info on the 2 exhausts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
performance improvement???

I have a 400 and have opened the air box slightly plus have added the
K&N filter element. I also installed the Malossi Variator. I have the
LeoVince exhaust on order and should be here in a week.

According to the dyno graphs, I should(??) get around a 1 and 1/2 hp
gain along with a little more snap in the throttle area. Hopefully, by
your theory, I have allowed a little more air in so letting a little more
air out should give me a little improvement in performance. I don't
expect alot, but every lillte bit helps.

I'll let you know....
Gib McKain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts