Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you take a pic of your bike and convert it to an avatar like those i've seen of others?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Take a digital picture, then reduce it in size. Its width can be no greater than 160 pixels, the height no greater than 160 pixels, and the file size no more than 9 KB. Go to your Profile, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see where to load the avatar.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You will need to use a photo editing program to reduce the size of the image. The rules state: "its width can be no greater than 160 pixels, the height no greater than 160 pixels, and the file size no more than 9 KB."

To actually include your avatar you go to the "Profile" menu at the top of the page. If you don't see it on this page (you should), go to the Home page.

I believe that you have to have posted some minimum number of times to get the avatar option. It will be found at the bottom of the Profile page if it is enabled for you.

If this still leaves some questions, just post and I or someone will respond.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Paul:

You beat me by exactly one minute with your post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok fellas

thanx for the speedy replies!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'm always amazed at the quality of some of the avatars, like pauljo's and vfdcaptain's. My graphic avatar is over 8kb, and is far less complex. Getting a good photo image that's less than 9kb is just astounding to me.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I use Microsoft Picture It - how can you tell how many pixels a photo is?

A pretty basic photo I have of me on my Burgman is 339 kb. How in the world can i get it down to 9?

I can't even tell how many pixels a photo is...

The minimum resolution is 72 pixels per inch...Hmmm. I resized it very small and minimum resolution. Now it is 5 kb. I'll see if it'll work.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, it took a few tries, but I think I got it. Hopefully i'm not over the size limit. Moderator's - let me know if I broke a rule. Sorry if I have.

Doesn't look too grainy, but i've got to get a newer photo to show off the VIP box, etc...

Thanks all!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
flintbobbi said:
...Hopefully i'm not over the size limit. Moderator's - let me know if I broke a rule.
You'd already know if you were over the limit; the system would automatically reject your photo and tell you it was too large.

That's a nice pic, even if it isn't your most recent, BTW.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<wipes tear> thank you....thank you all!!!! i have my avatar!!!

·
Registered
31,101 Posts
Okay, since we're discussing avatars, mine isn't nice and clear like others are. I used Irfanview to do the resizing and it looks pixilated. How can I make it clear?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ridered said:
<wipes tear> thank you....thank you all!!!! i have my avatar!!!
And a **** nice one at that.

:lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Wes said:
Okay, since we're discussing avatars, mine isn't nice and clear like others are. I used Irfanview to do the resizing and it looks pixilated. How can I make it clear?
Are you using a Mac or a Windows machine? (Or something else?)

What format was the original image in; GIF, JPG/JPEG, BMP, etc?

Is the original stored on your machine, or is it on a server?

·
Registered
31,101 Posts
Using WinXProSP2

Original JPG

Original on hard drive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts