Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,860 Posts
I’ll take it, if the price is sweet. Hold the mustard, ketchup, pickles, and stirrups.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
In a car probably needed for the heating so it warms up quicker, not so on a bike. Engine runs best when up to temp, or does it? Don't think you will miss it if it ends up in the bin. Can't help thinking the engine men at Suzuki might know a tad more than us and if not required why waste money on it? Bet them electric cars don't have one, lol.
NNNOOOOOO. YOUR WHOLE ENGINE MANAGMENT SYSTEM RELIES ON THAT THERMOSTAT TO COME TO TEMP OF 192-195 F. TO Make the sensors operate with the ECM. IF NOT you may well not go into closed loop and stay in open loop a default mode of start up with no to limited engine control, possibly too much fuel washing cylinders this is true with all gas engines running EEC.

·
Premium Member
18,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This would explain poorer gas mileage when cold, It takes longer to get 3 bars, but does eventually get there, my fathers thermostat-less cars had basically a monkey pouring gas down a hole in the intake for fuel metering and 20-25 mpg was good mileage! We thought we had a fast car if it could outrun my dawg in a quarter mile

·
Registered
171 Posts
Remove thermostat & muffler for "maximum" performance :D

·
Administrator
22,422 Posts
Reactions: mikeyMarine
21 - 27 of 27 Posts