Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to remove the maintenance lid? After removing the top screw, should I just pull out the corners with my fingers, or is there a better way? The corners seem to be connected tightly, hard to move. Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lid

Thanks for the link. I know it says to pull out, but it doesn't want to pull out that easily, and I didn't want to take a chance on breaking it.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
OK Wait a minute.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
OK - the mainteance panel is held in by the one screw you can see and what look like spring clips either side (where Allan says 'pull here'.

The owners manual says to protect body panels when removing the cover to avoid scratching.

Are you going in to alter idle speed?

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Just pull firmly on the sides, it won't break.

The trickiest part is putting it back on.

You have to line up the tabs, in the front, and center, where the angle is on the bottom. It will go on without them being lined up, so when you get done and stand back, you go "oh crap, it's not even"

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Jim,

I'm glad it isn't just me... I can't tell you how many times I have put that maintenance lid back on, went for a ride, and when I got back home noticed that a tab or two weren't properly positioned. I've learned to walk around the scoot and look at the opposite side of the lid carefully before putting the screw back in. The tendency is to get the side that you are working from aligned right, but miss one of the upper tabs on the opposite side. Just looking over from the top to look can fool you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gently pryed the corners up and out and the lid was then easily removed. Thank you all for your assistance. Great forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts