·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Do List:

1. Order a custom windshield for the Burgman 650 from Mark
at Madstad engineering.
2. Install windshield and adjust.
3. Take and Complete the 1000 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt ride.
4. Ride another 1700 miles on the way back home.

Seriously, I’ve never had much luck with stock windshields. They’re never the right angle or the right distance from my face shield. They either buffet the helmet or don’t do much good at all.
The Robo Brackets on the Madstad windshield let you put the shield exactly where it needs to be. In my case, I want to be able to see over it—but close enough to push the wind over the top of my helmet.
Rode from Jefferson City, MO to Eagle Pass, TX in 24 hours. Rode through 30 mph winds and a violent thunderstorm. The shield handled the wind wonderfully…. Or as good as you could expect in that kind of wind. NO way could I have made this ride without this shield! This is the fourth windshield I’ve had for my Burgmans… and it will be the last. He also has larger windshields if you want more coverage.
Thanks Mark for an awesome product!
Paul Childress, Jefferson City, MO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I will second the fine recommendation for Mark's products and customer service. We bought one of his systems for Judi's 2009 Honda DN-01 and she loves it. I'm going to try a Clearview Large screen, tinted & vented, for my 09 650 Exec, but if I'm not totally happy, I'll be on the phone to Mark in a heartbeat.

I absolutely guarantee you won't find anyone out there that will work harder for you and better with you. If you're not happy with your current set-up, give Mark a jingle.

Steve Henshaw
Silverton, OR
(503)999-8533

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've got Madstad brackets on my Kawasaki Versys. Really well engineered product.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Do you think these will fit on an Exec? Looks like a keeper with that darn near infinity range of adjustment. :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben,

I don't know how the electric option works on the Exec. but I'd hate to lose that. Otherwise, Mark makes a plate that bolts to the bike where the windshield would normally attach.. then the brackets bolt to the plate... so it makes it pretty universal. You might have to work with him to get the proper measurements for the plate. That's what I did. It was his first one for the 650.

Good Luck, Paul

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Where is the link to the website for this product? Would it work to lower my Clearview XXL down for summer time use. Then I could raise it for the colder weather. How much work and time does it take to adjust the windshield height?

You go to the website and click on " Suzuki " and you only get 2 motorcycles listed, no Burgman. You do a search at the website for Burgman 650 and here is what you get.

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl?sc=7&catego ... gman%20650

" No Matches Found "

Happy Scøøterïng!
rtÅnïmal

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Apparently he hasn't updated the website to reflect the Burgman 650 addition. I found mophotog's pics in the gallery. My guess is they used a DIY kit & drilled it to fit.

I was hoping to use the brackets mounted to the stock windshield location & then mount the windshield to the robo brackets, without having to use the adapter plate. I'm not sure they would work correctly by not being parallel to each other.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rtAnimal said:
Where is the link to the website for this product? Would it work to lower my Clearview XXL down for summer time use. Then I could raise it for the colder weather. How much work and time does it take to adjust the windshield height?

I had originally planned to use the plate and brackets on my Givi shield. However, Mark had me try one of his smaller shields--really glad I did. Holes were predrilled. Much smaller shield, but keeping the wind off my head---which is all I ever wanted a shield to do anyway. Much better in the wind than the Givi. It's pretty easy to install and adjust. You just can't do it while riding...:)~

You go to the website and click on " Suzuki " and you only get 2 motorcycles listed, no Burgman. You do a search at the website for Burgman 650 and here is what you get.

You can email Mark, the owner, at [email protected] He has the plate design for the 650.... you just have to decide which shield. I found him quite responsive. Good luck, Paul

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl?sc=7&catego ... gman%20650

" No Matches Found "

Happy Scøøterïng!
rtÅnïmal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
benbeaux said:
Apparently he hasn't updated the website to reflect the Burgman 650 addition. I found mophotog's pics in the gallery. My guess is they used a DIY kit & drilled it to fit.

Ben, My 650 was the first one he has done. And that's just been in the last 2-3 weeks. I'm sure he'd work with you on your Exec plate if you're interested.... I thought the plate might be unnecessary as well, until I saw how the whole system works.

[email protected] Mark is pretty responsive.... Good Luck Paul

I was hoping to use the brackets mounted to the stock windshield location & then mount the windshield to the robo brackets, without having to use the adapter plate. I'm not sure they would work correctly by not being parallel to each other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is MadStad here, looking for a local Florida Burgman 650 owner to try out my adjustable windshield system. I have a slightly taller and wider shield than the one Paul here has driven and I need some feedback on it. You will get it at a discount in exchange for your time to come to my shop and test driving it for me. I'm in Dade City which means that anyone in the Tampa / Lakeland / Orlando / Ocala central Florida area is within range. If you have the 650 Exec version I'm not sure if I can easily adapt my system to that bike, but I'm willing to try if you're willing to drive over. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.