Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
They cannot produce a WS with the shape of the GIVI. It takes a complex molding procedure.

I when to their facility and had one of their WS made for my 13 650. I took it on a +6,000 mile trip out west in August. Works well reduces the buffeting and noise. I rode in a lot of very hot temps and got good air flow to my body in the up positions. However, I would like to have more hand protection.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They cannot produce a WS with the shape of the GIVI. It takes a complex molding procedure.

I when to their facility and had one of their WS made for my 13 650. I took it on a +6,000 mile trip out west in August. Works well reduces the buffeting and noise. I rode in a lot of very hot temps and got good air flow to my body in the up positions. However, I would like to have more hand protection.

Is your Madstad Windshield an improvement over the stock Windshield? Did you make the Madstad a bit larger in overall height compared to the stock?

Was the cost around $300? I guess a Givi for January thru March in Florida could be your "winter" Windshield with the MadStad being used April thru December.

A Givi for the '13 is around $180 delivered. I know that you own THREE WINDHSIELDS for your '13 650:

1. Stock
2. Givi
3. MadStad

How about commenting on all three of them? I assume your MadStad isn't as tall as your Givi?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Is your Madstad Windshield an improvement over the stock Windshield? Did you make the Madstad a bit larger in overall height compared to the stock?

Was the cost around $300? I guess a Givi for January thru March in Florida could be your "winter" Windshield with the MadStad being used April thru December.

A Givi for the '13 is around $180 delivered. I know that you own THREE WINDHSIELDS for your '13 650:

1. Stock
2. Givi
3. MadStad

How about commenting on all three of them? I assume your MadStad isn't as tall as your Givi?
First some info, I am 5’11”- 6’, with a 30 inseam (long torso). To me, how well a WS functions is very dependent on the rider’s size, how they sit on the bike, the speeds they ride at, and the conditions they ride in.

The Madstad is a definite improvement over the stock, less wind, noise, and buffeting. My Madstad is 26.5" tall and 22" wide (measured across the back side). The stock is 25" tall and 20" wide. But the Madstad kicks the air much higher over the WS than the stock. I also have the first one they made. It is 24 x 17. I found it too narrow and not tall enough for me. My guess is Madstad will make the WS any size you want.

Cost, it should be less than $300. I put in Burgman in their search and it shows $160, but you would need to call them to get a price.

The three WSs

Stock – not much good if unless you are a shorter person. A lot of wind in your face, noisy, buffeting, no hand protection.

GIVI – taller, good rider protection, hand protection. Some riders comment on the back pressure it produces, but it has not been a problem for me. It requires the top of the WS to be close to my line of sight and frequent height adjustment to get in the quiet and less buffeting zone.

Madstad – quieter, buffeting is sufficiently reduced, when in a higher position good air flow the body, little hand protection. As the previous post shows, the Madstad WS works on different principle. The WS does not need to be as tall and the rider can ride with the WS much lower position away from the rider’s line of sight.

If you want to ride over and check it out. We can mount the Madstad on your bike. I currently have the GIVI w/the GW1500 vent on my bike. We can ride both compare them back to back and take some pics for other members.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Madstad – quieter, buffeting is sufficiently reduced, when in a higher position good air flow the body, little hand protection. As the previous post shows, the Madstad WS works on different principle. The WS does not need to be as tall and the rider can ride with the WS much lower position away from the rider’s line of sight.
I can certainly confirm that on the Wee I just got....I was surprised the buffeting was lower than the Clearview on the Burgman 650 and I love the angle change.

Is ther a Madstad for the pre 2013 Burgmans?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Maybe, you need to talk to Mark the owner. He told me they had made a couple in the past, but I think they were for standard 650s and they had some difficulty mounting the WSs. On the pre-13 execs, they should be able to do it with a change in the mounting brackets and where the holes in the WS are. If you talk to him remind him that the pre-13 exec WSs mount a little differently, but the basic mounting rails are similar.

He is a very nice guy and easy to work with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts