Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a Clearview with the vent on my 2006 Executive.I now have a 2013. Since Clearview doesn't make a shield for the 2013, I decided to look elsewhere for an after market wind screen.
I looked at several possibilities. In the end I settled upon Madstad.
I ordered and tried out the 18" SD sport screen. It was a bit too short for my liking. So I called them at 352-608-4069. I spoke to Mark and Patty. After a brief discussion about my height (5'8'), inseam (30") and riding style preferences, we thought that the 22" SD sport screen might be worth a try. So I returned the 18" screen and ordered the 22" screen. I received the 22" screen on Friday (10/24). I promptly mounted it and went for a ride. I absolutely love this new shield. In my opinion, it's much better than the stock windshield. Installation is not too difficult. You need to remove the stock shield and it's hardware. Match the new brackets to the old and attach the windshield. Then go for a ride to determine the height and angle that you prefer.
Quality and workmanship are excellent. Their service is prompt, and personalized.
If you're looking for an aftermarket shield, I recommend that you give them an opportunity to address your needs.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I re-installed mine a few days ago and would agree with your post. And they are very good people to work with.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm impressed with the Madstad that came with the Vstrom.
If I did not have TWO Clearviews already plus the stock screen I'd be in...I like the tilt.

Mind you the Clearview protects my hands very well in the cold...but the Madstad has amazingly little buffetting

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm impressed with the Madstad that came with the Vstrom.
If I did not have TWO Clearviews already plus the stock screen I'd be in...I like the tilt.

Mind you the Clearview protects my hands very well in the cold...but the Madstad has amazingly little buffetting
Do you know if the Clearview gives better hand protection than the Givi?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I doubt it - it did not like the Givi as it felt flimsy and had a curved top rather than a squared of top.
I took it off after a week and bought a Clearview.

I recently snagged a Clearview with a vent which I wish I had originally do my non-vent medium Clearview will be up for grabs.
Good screens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts