Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
20,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know others, LeDude, had made an adapter but I could not find it.

I had some free time last week and this scrap steel just sitting in the way. I was going to have to move it around and the best place to hide it was under my broken 94 Subaru Turbo wagon. But my HarborFreight lift jack was in the way. My A-D-D kicked in and 3 hours later I had an adapter and a bunch less scrap laying around.

The locating areas do not make it easy to drain the oil or transmission oil but I do that on the centerstand anyway. I welded a tab on the rear saddle and drilled a hole for a bolt. This bolt goes into the rear support's hole and keeps the bike from tipping. I will post more pic's of how it goes under the 650 later.

Anyone want one, I may be able to copy it.

[attachment=4:30fd8jia]1.jpg[/attachment:30fd8jia]
[attachment=3:30fd8jia]3.jpg[/attachment:30fd8jia]
[attachment=2:30fd8jia]4.jpg[/attachment:30fd8jia]
[attachment=1:30fd8jia]5.jpg[/attachment:30fd8jia]
[attachment=0:30fd8jia]6.jpg[/attachment:30fd8jia]

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Nice job Dave, pays to have some scrap metal and a welder laying around.

Mine is a bit different, made entirely from off the shelf parts, all you need is an angle grinder and a drill.

Here is the link to mine just in case anybody is interested:

DIY - Harbor Freight Lift Adapter

Have a whole bunch of videos and pics that I need to edit and add to the DIY that show it in action.

Here is a quick video of what it looks like attached to the lift:

[youtube:1qiucfw3]4FabJdO_5W0[/youtube:1qiucfw3]

Like Dave said, this type of adapter is great for lifting the bike to change tires, work on the forks etc... not very user friendly when it comes to changing fluids etc..

I am working on a second adapter, a platform this time, that would support the entire scoot front to back and you can put it on the center stand to do oil changes etc... should have that out soon...

·
Registered
724 Posts
How much would the adapter cost if someone were to sell them on eBay? I'd like to have the adapter plus HF motorcycle lift to do basic service like oil changes.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
How much would the adapter cost if someone were to sell them on eBay? I'd like to have the adapter plus HF motorcycle lift to do basic service like oil changes.
this particular adapter won't work for oil changes, it gets in the way of the drain bolts.

I no longer use this type of adapter, you are better off building a platform adapter like this one, should have a DIY soon.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
LeDude, what material is this made out of? And did you ever post a DIY?
I used plywood to fabricate that platform and the corresponding front and rear pieces.

I put down a piece of steel / sheet on the platform where the center stand is going to be, that way it doesn't damage
the platform or dig into the wood.

I also have a stopper block at the front to prevent the front wheel from rolling off the front piece.

I use the same platform for my harbor freight tire change, I bolt down the base onto it and it is super steady.

all the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts