1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
270 Posts
:D That sounds like a lot of fun. If it weren't so far off I'd like to try my scoot at that. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Sounds interesting. To bad it is not the weekend dates of the Americade rally. Maybe some of us who are not close could make it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sounds like fun. Even the name fits me :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I contacted them last year and they wouldnt let me ride with my 650.......well they never got back to me anyways so I didnt go.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
They are proposing that their largest class be "over 150cc". This would group 200cc Vespas, 250cc Helixes, 500cc Aprilias, and 650cc Burgmans in the same class. I would think they should have a "over 150 cc to less than 500cc" class and an additional 500cc and larger class. Maybe even one more intermediate class to separate the 400cc Burgmans & Majesties from the 250cc machines. In that case, I might group the 500cc singles with the 400cc machines, and let the larger twin cylinders run together (Silverwing, Burgman 650).

The few participants last year were all under 79cc. So I suspect that the event organizers are not really mega-scooter aware. To an extent, I experienced this at Scootercade. The event organizers are still mentally living in the "Honda Helix" days, even though those scoots had dwindled to less than 40 of the 250+ scooters participating. They were still handing out Helix accessories as door prizes, their Maintenance Seminar was mostly Helix specific, etc.. It was still fun - but folks who want to run a general scooter event need to recognize the significant differences between the various classes of scooters available now. A 50cc scoot and a 650cc scoot both have their place in the scooter world, but are designed for entirely different purposes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are mega-scoot aware, as to whether they understand or care to understand may be a different thing.
They did a sort of credible review of a Majesty and it appears that they will be doing a long term test of one this year.

http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/articles ... /test.html

It may be an interesting event for the Toronto crew to do, it wouldn't take a Burgman 20 something hours even using the old highway 2 route.
I might be tempted except it adds about 8 hours for me to do it from Ottawa ... now that might be a test for that new trailer I have ordered! Humm ... have to thing about the summer schedule!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts