Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in one of the forum sections and saw pictures on someone's galley who has bought a luxury trunk from a guy on ebay auto. I can't remember anything more than that except that the trunk had brake lights and really looked nice. I haven't been a member of BurgmanUSA long enough to figure out the search feature here. I can't locate anything in the gallery and if I put in luxury trunk or ebay auto, I get 700+ hits and none of them have anything to do with what I am searching for.

If anyone recognizes this trunk and owns one, I would appreciate whatever information and comments you have. I would like to buy one but want to know what I am buying. Also a way to find the pictures of it.
Thanks for your help.

Buzz

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stu, that's exactly the one I'm looking for. Is he in BurgmanUSA?
How do I contact him if not? Also, how did you find that so dang quick? I've got a LOT to learn about negotiating around this forum.

Buzz

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yeppers, he's known as seatec around these parts (you can PM him by that name).
I just used the search routine (up top), clicked 'Search', typed in 'luxury trunk' in the upper right text entry box and clicked the radial (dot) on the 'search for all terms' just beneath it. It came up with 5 or 6 posts and I went right to http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4165&highlight=luxury+trunk this post and Wayne's (seatec's) gallery is in his signature.
It helps that I've surfed his gallery before so i knew there were a bunch more pages, I just flipped through (numbers on top) until I found some with the trunk on it.
It's really easy once you've 'searched' a few times. The part that makes or breaks you is your choice of 'keywords'. I tried luxury top box first and got nada for results. The more you use the fewer posts you will get back but also the fewer posts you will get back. ;)
When searching for o-rings you will be surprised to find o ring will give you far different results than o-ring, stuff like that.
Play the Search Game Today! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Stu :p One of these days I'll get the hang of it.

Buzz

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mercedes looking trunk from ebay

Hi guys,

I bought one of those last year for my 150cc scoot and cobbled up a way to mount it. The mounting hardware that came with it was useless for my applicaation, but I figured out a way to make it work. It has functional turn signals and high-mounted brake light. The brake light flashes back and forth when you are not using the brakes much like the light in the grill of "kit", the pontiac trans am that the character Michael Knight thrashed and trashed on TV a few years ago. If this trunk is representative of what other manufacturers are offering for bikes, we are all in trouble. The lock on it is really cheesy. Mine still works but it is not that well made. However, if the Givi models are also cheesy, I'll probably get another one to go on the Burgy when I buy it. The lights in the box are all LED type so there is no worry about having to change lights anytime soon. Oh yeah, and they are not completely waterproof...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I had that trunk on my 400. It was ok, it took a while for my dealership to figure out how to best mount it due to the backrest being non removeable...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts