Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had one on my 400 and it was excellent. I bought it at Amazon for around $85 and the $24 liner was excellent. It wasn't as slick as the GIVI on my 650 but I think it was just as strong or stronger.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've put 20,000+ miles on my 400 with a 929 on it, and have no complaints beyond it rattles some on rough roads, particularly when empty. I've gotten to where that is my go-to place for my extra helmet, tire repair kit including pump, and extra oil. That gives it enough weight to keep it settled. Some folks talk about making a mounting plate for it but, I mounted it by itself and it hasn't had any problems. Some have mentioned cracking with Bestem mounting plates however, this seems to be mostly another model and not the 929. I don't remember any complaints of the 929 mounting plates cracking. Lots of bang for the buck!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have the Bestem 2012 box for my 650. GREAT value & quality. I highly recommend the product.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a Bestem 929 on my Burgman 650 (it was on my V-Strom before I moved it to the Burgman). I used the mounting kit that Bestem has for sale. Total cost was a little under $200 for the mount and the 929 box. Looks good and works good. If you have a 650 Standard you will have to drill a couple of holes in the tupperware for the mount. If you have an Executive you already have the holes where the passenger backrest mounts (you will have to remove it).

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info ! I've been looking at the T-Box for a while now and thought the Givi would be the way to go and I'm sure it's a very good box, but the Bestem has a much better price, I have placed the order for the 929 and feel like I'm getting a deal, Thanks again for all the valueble information it made the decision easier...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Does a person need the additional adaptor plate for $75.00?
Like I said, I've put 20K miles on mine using the supplied plate (not the adapter plate that is extra) and have not had any problems with it. You'll have to drill some holes to match the bolt pattern of the hard mounts. I did this by putting in the bolts then laying a piece of paper on top, marking the centerline of each and using it for a drill pattern. A couple of mine ended up being right on the edge of a sloped area (you'll see what I mean) but, still bolt up fine and have held up well. Be sure to put the plate/top case toward the rear enough that you have clearance with the backrest on the case when opening the seat.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Does a person need the additional adaptor plate for $75.00?
Need? No, but it sure makes things easier. If you don't buy it you will have to make your own. I have the additional adaptor plate on my bike. It was worth the extra money IMHO. I also have the liner for my box. Adds a nice touch.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have recieved and mounted the Bestem 929 T-box with Light Kit and Mounting Plate with Hardware for the 650 Burgman. Mounting the box was a fairly easy install ther was a passenger back rest so the holes were already thier, removing the plastic was a little trickey, the little ears are fragile and require carefull handling. The Mounting Plate and Hardware Kit all fit very well. The wire on the Light Kit was very fragile so I replace the wire with a heavier gage.
Overall I'm happy with the 929 T-Box seems to be solid and looks good, The LED Lights work very well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine came with all mounting hardware and has done an excellent job since installed. I especially like the fact that it is pre-wired for the extra brake light. AND it was 20% of the cost of a Givi equivalent here in Australia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts