Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 650 executive with the standard backrest. I'd like to do some 2 up riding with my wife, but she is used to the comfort and security she gets when we ride our Harley Ultra Classic. I've seen the Givi options with the small backrest, but don't believe that is going to do the trick. Are there sites or options out there that have top case/passenger backrest that would be somewhat comparable to what the larger touring bikes have? Or would that have to be custom designed?

Phantom

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Phatom55,

You're right about the small back rest. I had one on my 650 when I purchase it and my wife and my daughter didn't care much about it. It was merely a "stopper".

I installed a K53 top case with a backrest and they found it very confortable and feel very secure.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I personally haven't seen anything like the big touring set ups on a 650.

However, I did install a Bestem Topcase with backrest AND a butt bumper extension. http://www.3brothersperformance.com/

Passengers have told me they felt pretty comfortable because they have something in back AND something from preventing them sliding forward. Unfortunately there's no side enclosure, but I've been told they felt pretty snug between the two backrests.

View attachment 28106

And a big plus, the driver gets a backrest too and a touch more legroom. Add a couple Airhawk seat pads and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts