Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
I am looking for a luggage rack that also has a passenger backrest mounted on it. Does anybody have suggestions?
Marc, Knoxville TN

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Marc -- Knoxville, TN. This is Paul Sevierville, TN (actually near Seymour at Boyds Creek area, but Sevierville address).

I have never shopped for a Luggage Rack (or what I call a trunk box) as the 650 I bought had one and I transferred it to the 400 before I sold the 650. I did have to redrill the mounting plate to match the holes on the 400 vs the holes for the 650. I would guess if you buy one for a 400, the mounting plate would be made to match the holes on the 400.

Backrest (may or may not need one), because if your passenger always wears a MC Jacket with a back protection pad (MC winter and summer mesh jackets that have pads in the back), then the back protection pad serves the purpose when you lean back against the trunk.

Mine is a GIVI without a backrest (Probably can GOOGLE GIVI). I have a feeling there are cheaper ones available. Maybe someone else can direct you to a web site.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
How about this? I had actually posted about this a couple of weeks ago.

I have a 2012 AN400. I wanted to get a back rest for my wife, but as you have discovered, they are hard to find/expensive. We also wanted extra storage for when we go on an extended trip or just want to get more groceries than normal.

We ended up going with a Givi Monokey mounting plate and back rest. Total price for both, with shipping, was $178 from Competition Accessories. We haven't gotten the top case yet, but it doesn't look half bad without one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was looking too and seems you wont find one for 400/650 except the Suzuki one which is very expensive. I don't know why.

Even though the Givi mount is plastic and doesn't look so great it does have the advantage of being available and workable and then being able to snap a topbox on.

The 400s underseat capacity coupled with a topbox make it a great grocery hauler.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That link puts you to a page with SIDE racks
for saddle-bag luggage...NOT a luggage-rack
with a passenger backrest.......:rolleyes:
Oops, yeah my bad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
WildWilly is there any chance you would be willing to fabricate a set of top and side brackets for my k7 400? If you're interested you can PM me. Thanks DLH Riveter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about this? I had actually posted about this a couple of weeks ago.

I have a 2012 AN400. I wanted to get a back rest for my wife, but as you have discovered, they are hard to find/expensive. We also wanted extra storage for when we go on an extended trip or just want to get more groceries than normal.

We ended up going with a Givi Monokey mounting plate and back rest. Total price for both, with shipping, was $178 from Competition Accessories. We haven't gotten the top case yet, but it doesn't look half bad without one.

It might serve the purpose but looks like a toilet seat, sorry. LOL

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I started with two 1-1/4 wide by 8 inch angle brackets. Shape a scrap piece of 1/2 inch plywood for the back, add scrap piece of foam rubber covered with black naugahyde, stapled to the plywood.

Bolt to the B400 frame.

Shape a piece of 1/2 inch fiberglas board for a luggage shelf behind it all.

Cost for all of it, about $10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts