Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have become intrigued with the LS2 Helmets. A full featured helmet that is lighter and less expensive than most and they get very good Sharp ratings. Their modular FF370 European and FF386 North American models are the ones I am looking at. I have the opportunity to buy at wholesale for less than $100. They are now the #1 helmet seller in Europe.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the LS2 helmets they want to share?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yes, I have an LS2 flip-up, and it is a big improvement on my previous Caberg Justissimo because it is lighter, with an increased periphery viewing area and the quick strap fixing is very easy and won't go rusty as did the Caberg. The LS2 recessed inside, level with your ears and I have installed one 28mm speaker therein for my satnav. The visor has a pair of fixing buttons for anti-fog fitment. The only drawback is the small tag on the visor used for lifting it up with a clumsy bike glove (this seems to be a problem with most visors) I have made the tag larger by gluing a shaped piece of 2mm Perspex on it and all is now ok. I would recommend this helmet.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review! Confirms what I've heard so far.

PS - I have fond memories of Manchester and I love Man U. My favorite time was walking the Field of Dreams after watching a 2-0 victory over Arsenal. Hope they get back to proper form soon.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have fond memories of Manchester and I love Man U. My favorite time was walking the Field of Dreams after watching a 2-0 victory over Arsenal. Hope they get back to proper form soon.
Although I live a mere 2 miles from Manchester United at Old Trafford I never go there. Football makes 'superstars' out of very ordinary footballers like David Beckham, and they pay illiterate and very ordinary footballers like Wayne Rooney an obscene £300,000 per week knowing that there are millions of people in this world who don't have access even to fresh water because of lack of money. Old Trafford? Not for me. Rant over. I'm sure you will like the LS2 helmet.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand your feelings on the footballers. I still like your city and still a sports-a-holic.

Ordered the FF370 Helmet with Blue Graphics for $79.50 including spare dark shield shipped.
I am aware it is ECE and not DOT but my vanity took over my better judgement.
With a Sharp 4 star rating I feel safe. Plus it has 2 top vents instead of 1.
Now I wait..................:rolleyes:
I will review it when it arrives and I get some miles with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was able to pick up the new LS2 -OF569 helmet online. Bought it from Canada's Motorcycle for $99 with free shipping. This is a good deal in Canada.

I had a chance to compare this helmet with the Bell Mag and I like the LS2 better and it is half the price.

(Plus, I got it in pearl white to match my bike. I am sure I will look like a refrigerator with wheel, but don't care)

Blakers

OF569

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I got it in pearl white to match my bike. I am sure I will look like a refrigerator with wheels, but don't care.Blakers OF569
I read that white is the the safest colour for a car, according to the insurance industry. I always choose a white helmet. ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
White also reflects the heat of the blazing Florida sunshine best. I ride with a white jacket and white pants too. I do it to prevent heatstroke; the fact that it's most visible/safest color is just a bonus!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My new helmet arrived. Real nice quality. Anyone who gets one will be pleased with the build quality. Snap buckle closure reminds me of a ski boot and the straps are even covered. Not bad for less than one hundred bucks.

Now, if I can just get about six feet of snow to melt.........

Blakers

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
as you've said LS2 helmets get very good ratings at sharp, this brand is very popular in Europe and South America, I can tell you I got one for my kid and i'm impressed with the quality of the interior lining, it resembles much to the Schuberth, it comes with a nose vent that not many helmets have and it rates 5 stars at sharp.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I have an FF386 and am happy with it overall. On the first one I had, the vent switch on the top broke and rattled in the wind. My other flip up is a Schuberth C2 and for the price, obviously the LS2 is a much better buy. I do think it's a bit noisy but that would be my only complaint. For what they're selling for in the US though, I'm curious if the Cycle Gear Bilt Helmet isn't a better buy since it's probably very similar but has bluetooth built in. For the price you got it for, you'll be very happy. Lots of features and a good looking helmet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, we sell LS2 in our shop. The reason they are cheaper is because LS2 manufacture helmets for loads of other brands before they launched there own LS2 brand. Basically you are buying direct from the manufacturer (via your dealer). Great lids, well made and well priced.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious if the Cycle Gear Bilt Helmet isn't a better buy since it's probably very similar but has bluetooth built in.
Some of the Bilt Helmets are made by LS2. (Not the blue-tooth though)

PS - Helmet should arrive tomorrow- It took a slow boat from china (literally).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the helmet came today in a big bubble wrapped package - no box all the way from China. It was undamaged, fits, extra shield (crammed in the helmet), and seem very nicely made. It even came with some reflective stickers to use. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Never hear about this brand, do not think available for sale in dealership here. Hope you give full report in couple of month, wind noise, cooling, confort etc. etc.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
They are new to North America Cheri but are now the most popular brand in Europe and can be found for the best Retail prices here: http://www.compacc.com/LS2_Helmets. I bought wholesale from the Manufacturer in China. The DOT version (model ff386) is sold here with very limited graphics but many solid colors to chose from. I however got the ECE European version (model ff370) with graphics.

My first impression is positive. The Lazar cut cheek pads are comfortable but firm and will take a little breaking in. All their face shields are pin lock ready so cold weather fogging should not be an issue. Both shields (clear and dark smoke) seem distortion free. The detent positions are in the right places but are initially stiff (I hope it loosens a bit). The sun visor is dark enough to be useful and operates very smooth and intuitively. The ratchet on the strap operates well and seems very secure although maybe a bit big. The straps are padded very well. The vents are multi-position and easy to find and operate. The inner lining is plush and comfy. The shell is finished flawlessly and seems to be a quality product. My favorite feature is it weighs almost a pound less than my Zox Modular helmet!!! When you add helmet cams weight does matter! :D
The real test will be after a few hundred miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts