Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a seat pan for the 2013 Burgman 650 that would allow a much lower seat? Removing/modifying padding on the original seat only allows a one inch lowering at most. I realize this will result in a loss of storage and I'm OK with that.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
I don't know about the 2013 but on the earlier model 650s the seat pan almost sits on top of the seat rail sub frame so it couldn't be made much lower than it already is. To get it any lower the sub frame rails would have to be modified. That in turn could run into issues with clearance on things like the battery and attachment locations for body panels.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
If you ever find such pan let us all know !

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I know Corbin makes their own for their custom seats but not sure if they have done a 2013 or if there is much difference between the newer/older.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Corbin does make their own seat pan but it does not sit any lower than the stock pan. Other than the material it is made from the only difference between it and the stock pan is the design of the driver backrest bracket and the inclusion of a similar bracket for a passenger backrest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone make a seat pan for the 2013 Burgman 650 that would allow a much lower seat? Removing/modifying padding on the original seat only allows a one inch lowering at most. I realize this will result in a loss of storage and I'm OK with that.
You want lower?! I have an inseam of 28 inches, and my 2013 Burgman is plenty low enough. Have you thought about getting riding boots with a heal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the seat shaved down about a half inch and narrowed just a bit; most that could be done. Next step is to add thicker soles to my boots. Maybe then longer legs LOL

·
Registered
463 Posts
How much lower do you need to go?

Do you know what your Inseam measurement is?

Inseam is, Crotch measured to the ground.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Try sitting on a 2003-2006 400 and see how it fits. They sit a little lower.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Inseam Height

You want lower?! I have an inseam of 28 inches, and my 2013 Burgman is plenty low enough. Have you thought about getting riding boots with a heal?
Wow; My inseam is 29 and is the only thing that prevents me from getting a new 650. At a Seat height of 29.7' I can only touch Tip Toe, which is very uncomfortable and considered unsafe for me. I have extra thick soles on my boots so I can touch Flat Foot sitting on my 400, with seat Height of 28"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts