Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Man its been a busy month. Just wanted to say that through the generosity(sp?) of Greengoose I was able to post some pics in the gallery. I plan on taking some more as the weather warms up and I can hook up with my other fair weather ridin friends.

BTW - Lower Alabama - or LA as it's called down here is just a nick-name for the west part of the florida panhandle, pensacola, fort walton beach (my town), destin, panama city etc. The pics are under Petes04 - Ft Walton Beach FL in the gallery section. If any one has any questions about how to hook up a neat little stereo rig like I've done feel free to reply with any questions. Otherwise I'll try to get around to posting the steps in another part of the forum.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good pix, Pete. Thanks!

Question: Do you ride in the rain? It sometimes sneaks up on you around your neck of the beach. Does it concern you vis-a-vis speakers, etc., or have you made provision for their protection?

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really...

The Cambridge 12 volt audio system was relatively cheap (~30 bucks +shipping), and I am a fair weather rider, and, I've kicked my cage to the curb so that the burger stays dry.

Short story....who cares!!! :p

If the two lil satellite speakers stop working or get messed up....well I'll pop for another set (next time I'll go with the higher power jobs). My setup has only 7 watts per channel, which is good for listening with a full face to about 45mph. After that you just kind of feel the beat under the seat (sub) and barely hear the audio out of the 3x3 inch satellites velcroed to the dash.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to forum Pete, I'm from Tallahassee, FL. It's nice to find another Burgman rider in this neck of the woods. Great pics of the bike, I like the size of the speakers but don't know if the sound quality would do it for me; I lean more towards the helmet speakers. If you could drop me a line and let me know where you pick-up your '04 650 that would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Howard.

I think you were asking where I bought my Bugie. If I'm right in that, I bought it from the Pensacola Suzuki dealer.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Hey Pete,

I just went through Ft.Walton Beach last week. I was on my way to Ft Lauderdale to pick up a pickup I just bought. I had heard the beach sand there was like sugar. I was asleep on a Greyhound Bus (never travel that way again) I heard the bus driver announce "Walton Beach" when I looked out the window I saw snow, wait a minute thats not snow thats sand, no its sugar.Either way it looks like a sweet place to live. We only stopped for five minutes, as we continued on our milk run. It took forty two hours to go from East Texas to Ft Lauderdale. I could do it on my Burg in 26 hours, took me 28 in my pickup.
Happy Trails,
Poppy

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the actual system I purchaced. Like I said, next time I'll go with the next step up. Available in black finish also.

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/stor ... =c1pcwzzzz

It came with a 110vac to 12vdc plug into the wall powerpak/converter. All I did was cut off the power pack and wired it directly to my battery. Now I still have a bit more work to do. I want to re-route the power to a switchable source, get the head unit out of the trunk and up near the controls, and get the wiring a bit more squared away. But for now, it works and I'm ok with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts