Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the Kisan trailblazer 100hd unit and it didn't work properly ( it made my bulbs do what it was supposed to but very dimly). When I called the Kisan people, they said to take a reading on the brake wire before it splits in two. I got ( with ignition on but engine off) about 8.5 volts without holding brake lever and about 9.25 volts when I held it. With engine running, I got about 10.5 volts without applying brake and 11.5 when applying it. I don't seem to have any noticeable problems like battery running down, etc.. After a ride, I connect my battery tender jr. and after a moment or two it goes into blinking green mode, so that seems ok. What goes with those reading and are they y I can't get the Kisan unit working right?

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the white wire with the black stripe. This wire splits to go to each of the 2 brake light bulbs and its the wire that makes the brake light bulbs brighter when the brakes are applied. I attach the red wire from my voltmeter to this and I attach the black wire from my voltmeter to ground.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
duster, the 100 hd hooks up as follows. it has 3 connecting points two are for the hot wire in and out. the third is to connect a short wire provided by kit to it and to a chassis ground. so..... I connected my negative to that same chassis ground point. is that correct? ( I think it is)

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the directions said it (the 100hd unit) must be grounded to a chassis ground, not a wire ground, but I tried connecting it to the battery post to no avail also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.