Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussion regarding front end wobble but all are at high speed. My 03 Burgman has 7200 miles on the front, less on the rear, and all of sudden I have developed wobble as speeds between 20 to 45mph and then is smooths out. More exaggerated wobble with a passenger and seems to diminish after a few miles which tells me it must be the tire. Although no cupping, no bulges and I did have the steering head bolts checked out. Any comments. Don

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
check the box on the back, there was another bike with the same issue , trunk caused low speed wobble, take trunk off no wobble, also advise quit doing stoppies on yer burgman, :shock: not good for the front of the bike to have more miles than the rear, just do some wheelies till you even it up :cheers:

ps even had video of trunk thingy on the other bike on here sumwhare

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Did you possibly sling a weight off your rim?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Just keep your speed up over 45 MPH and no more wobble.........................TADA!!!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Check your steering head bearings plus what has been mentioned above.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I encountered the very same symptoms on wifey's Silverwing. Smooth at speed, only difference for me was if I went through a left hand sweeper, it would make a slapping sound similar to a truck tire about to unravel on the hwy. Didn't really feel bad, just slap slap slap. Turns to the right were just fine, and there was some but not terrible dishing. Anyway, much as I hated to take off a tire with lots of meat left on it, I did, and the problems went with it. It must have been separating on the inside, or the vulcanizing failing, I was unable to determine just what the problem was. Fortunately the tires on the wing are considerably cheaper than those on my Burgie, so it wasn't quite as painful to throw out a decent looking tire.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for the advice. Took it out today with a passenger and realized the wobble lessens after a few miles on the road. We stopped for an hour lunch and noticed it worsen. By the time we got home 89miles later, the wobble lessened again. So, as much as I hate to part with a tire of only 7200 miles, it seems as the tire warms up the ride gets better. Maybe a few cords separated inside like scootertrash suggested. I love this forum. Thanks again. I'll let you all know if the new tire cures the problem. Don Fuzzy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts