Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of a k9 650 with very low miles ... under 1,000. Purchased by an older gentlemen who ended up having a couple back surgeries he found the weight too heavy and cumbersome. He loves the Burgman but realizes his riding days are over. Are there issues with extremely low milage Burgmans? I drove it around the neighborhood and briefly on the highway and everything seems to check out nicely. I could use some wisdom from this forum. wdyt?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My 05 had only 3500 miles when I bought it a few months ago. Runs like top, but it was always garaged in So Cal's dry desert climate. Personally I consider your find a "score" if the price is right. Considering its Hawaii and the availability of good used bikes as you've mentioned, I'd say "double score".

But I'm sure there are other things to consider such as humidity in the tropics that could rust unused parts and such. Perhaps some folks in Florida could write in about maintenance issues with bikes stored in these locals.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
That first dealer service at 600 miles is an important one. Find out if it's been performed. Otherwise, it sounds like you've got the makings of a great deal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the wisdom. Fortunately, it has not sat out in the elements at all. Kept in the garage always with the exception of riding, of course. It did have the first service which I believe is mainly oil change.

·
Registered
110 Posts
sounds like a great deal, personally I would drain flush and refill coolant, make sure all 3 oils were changed at the service either drain the gas or run it down low and fill with premium with some fuel injector cleaner and ride ride ride, enjoy the new scoot!:D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If it runs good, I would check the air pressure in the tires and ride. My friend bought a 05 last year with 900 miles on it and that is what he did. He now has 7,000+ trouble free miles on it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I bought my 2009 Burgman Exec. this past spring with only 2000 miles on it. It has been great to own, have put on about 5000 miles since purchase. Would be out on it today but it is below freezing and I just don't ride when the temp goes below 32F.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would swap the fluids and check the rubber for dry rot (hoses, tires etc...).

A scoot with only 1000 miles shouldn't have any problems and if it does you will notice them on a test ride. Good find!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Sounds like you have found a great deal. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm considering the purchase of a k9 650 with very low miles ... under 1,000. Purchased by an older gentlemen who ended up having a couple back surgeries he found the weight too heavy and cumbersome. He loves the Burgman but realizes his riding days are over. Are there issues with extremely low milage Burgmans? I drove it around the neighborhood and briefly on the highway and everything seems to check out nicely. I could use some wisdom from this forum. wdyt?
My new '09 Exec was one of the 'unlucky' ones to have a failed regulater/rectifier.

The problem was fixed under warranty here in the UK....but I'm not sure how many different markets the failures affected.

Might be worth you doing a few checks before you commit?

Otherwise....sounds like it could be a good deal....good luck!

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
My new '09 Exec was one of the 'unlucky' ones to have a failed regulater/rectifier.

The problem was fixed under warranty here in the UK....but I'm not sure how many different markets the failures affected.

Might be worth you doing a few checks before you commit?

Otherwise....sounds like it could be a good deal....good luck!
Dave, there is not a recall in the USA market on the 650's. The 07 400's had one for the rectifiers I think.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dave, there is not a recall in the USA market on the 650's. The 07 400's had one for the rectifiers I think.

There ya go then Mochi......start smiling !!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Battery might be the only thing it would need. If the $ are right I'd say go for it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate all the wealth of wisdom from this forum. You guys are amazing! Just wish I had discovered you sooner. Better late than never! Aloha from the Islands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts