Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to find a 2018 Burgman 400 with under 500 miles on it for a great price. It is exactly what I would have ordered if I ordered one. I'm an all-season rider and here in Iowa, it can get very cold. How well do they do starting in below freezing temps? I installed a new windscreen and large top-box, so far. I'm having a lot of trouble finding any side boxes and mounts that work with my year and model. Any help in that area would be great. After retiring from law enforcement and raising my 5 kids it was time for dad to get back on 2-wheels. I went from a V-Max to this Burgman, and love it.

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
I was lucky enough to find a 2018 Burgman 400 with under 500 miles on it for a great price. It is exactly what I would have ordered if I ordered one. I'm an all-season rider and here in Iowa, it can get very cold. How well do they do starting in below freezing temps? I installed a new windscreen and large top-box, so far. I'm having a lot of trouble finding any side boxes and mounts that work with my year and model. Any help in that area would be great. After retiring from law enforcement and raising my 5 kids it was time for dad to get back on 2-wheels. I went from a V-Max to this Burgman, and love it.
1) Welcome to the forum, and back to two wheels.

2) Side cases are a difficult issue, on the 650 that I'm familiar with, and, I'd guess, on the 400, too.

3) It's not going to get above 70F, or is probably going to rain, I usually put off my day trips for another day.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm having a lot of trouble finding any side boxes and mounts that work with my year and model.
Congratulations!

A German company, Fehling, made side racks which held Givi cases for the prior generation of Burgman 400, but they do not appear to have them for your generation. You can always use saddlebags, if you like. I did that for several years and they worked just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
Congratulations!

A German company, Fehling, made side racks which held Givi cases for the prior generation of Burgman 400, but they do not appear to have them for your generation. You can always use saddlebags, if you like. I did that for several years and they worked just fine.
My wife hates when I call her Saddlebags 😂

·
Registered
2013 Burgman 650 who's name is Frankenberg...
1,123 Posts
I lived for many years in WI and IN and rode my (then) 400 about 8 months out of the year. For me it wasn't just the cold but the gusts of wind that stopped me from riding in the freezing cold. If you're wearing heated gear it shouldn't be a problem but keep the scoot on a trickle charger... I live in South Georgia now and ride year round, cold weather riding for me here is below 50. My (now) 650 is a dream to ride now that I'm in forced retirement.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Administrator
22,241 Posts
It shaped like a croissant, so that's what they call it.

Polish translated

"Main page ENGINE PLATE 950/990 ADV BAG PLUS 20L Relocator Feet LC8 Rear Tool Tool Weatherproof Timing Tool Tensioner for 690/701 ROGAL BIG Rally TANKBAG Enduro KTM ADV 2w2 TankBag PHOTO GMOL BAGS ROGAL XL SAKWY 20L Rally 20w1 ROGL Rally 30L Rally 30L Rally pipe SAS plugs Engine plate for 950 SE Sharks Lc8 ADV Sleeves lc8 Luggage plate 2in1 lc8 SE 2in1 lc8 ADV Bags PLUS ROGAL 40L SAKWY 30L WOLF foot

50L capacity! for a long journey! where the roads are ... and above all where they are not. ROGAL XL combines the best features of Panniers or trunks - this is the capacity, with the convenience and convenience of ROGAL 30L. The whole thing is closed with a strong and thick zipper. Racks and trunks can be up to 10 kg. additional luggage, sometimes more than 1.5 m in width of the motorcycle, and irreversible damage with each fall of the motorcycle. The croissant is resistant to damage, negligible weight, and the width does not exceed the outline of our motorcycle and the driver, and additionally easy assembly and disassembly, great handiness and full balance. No bag has been invented yet that would be so bonded to the machine to form one whole.

Price of the basic version of the Rogal without bags: PLN 749 (EUR 187)

lots of space, light, fast and handy ...

-Additionally, you can equip your XL croissant with:

-Sacks ext. WEATHERPROOF - 5 inner rolled and glued bags - Price: 159 PLN (39 euro)

- Taped seams, main seam trimmed with PVC material - Price: 99 PLN (25 euro)

- bottle holder 2 x 1 liter or 2 x 1.5 liter, adapted to alu tourist bottles. but they will also work with any bottle - Price: PLN 69 (EUR 17.5) / 2 pcs.

-additional handles for PLUS-type bags and others - a package of 8 specially placed loops, 4 on each side of the croissant, allows you to increase the capacity - if necessary, even up to 50 liters - Price PLN 39 (EUR 9.5) / set
"

the latest version of Rogal XL has reflectors, a different type of tape guidance and an improved shape

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I have a bag very similar to this one:
Iron Rider By# Dowco, Motor Cycle Traveling Storage Bag | eBay

This is a newer version:
Saddlemen TR2300DE Tactical Deluxe Rack Bag - RevZilla

I can carry three day's worth of clothing and toiletries and such. I mount it on the riders seat behind my backrest. I don't have a top box, but between that bag and the stuff under the seat I can go well over a week without any worries.

The only issue is that if you need to get under the seat, you need to unstrap the bag. But aside from that... I'm really happy with it. I even used it as carryon for a few flights.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
"Loving the Burgman"

how dare you!

battery in the cold is not happy. as others have noted. keep it juiced up. if my scooter sits for a week, Ill take the battery out and charge it before using it.

and welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was lucky enough to find a 2018 Burgman 400 with under 500 miles on it for a great price. It is exactly what I would have ordered if I ordered one. I'm an all-season rider and here in Iowa, it can get very cold. How well do they do starting in below freezing temps? I installed a new windscreen and large top-box, so far. I'm having a lot of trouble finding any side boxes and mounts that work with my year and model. Any help in that area would be great. After retiring from law enforcement and raising my 5 kids it was time for dad to get back on 2-wheels. I went from a V-Max to this Burgman, and love it. View attachment 93787

Twins! Nice, just got mine 5 days ago!

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 94025
Twins! Nice, just got mine 5 days ago!
The Burgie is wide enough already, kinda reminds me of the Kardashian sisters, and would look bad. Consider something like this,
It only weighs 40 - 50 pounds and hauls more stuff than is needed for a world tour. I have towed it through the Smokey Mountains, Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway for a decade on week long camping trips with my TMAX 500, and Majesty 400, and experiments with my new to me Burgman 400 show similar performance. A 400 cc class maxi-scooter has adequate power for paved mountain roads and can keep up on 70 MPH freeways and Interstate highways. Get the seat right and the last day out 500+ mile day to get home only leaves you tired, and nothing hurts. :)
A box four feet long, one and a half feet wide, and a foot tall.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Guidofatherof5 and congrats on your new ride and retirement.
Don't know anything about the 400 but plenty of guys here do.
We had a cold front come in a few days ago; it got down to 62F overnight. I had to to find some long pants and wear real shoes for the first time in months.
Keep us posted with some pics when you get your side cases on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts