Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I wouldn't carry it to far. It gets warm under there.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
If it is alive, make sure it is in water.
If already dead...packed in ice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
And if it gets cooked under the seat, eat it with butter.

Actually, I would ice it dead or alive. It doesn't need water unless it is going to be a pet. Lobster crawling the floor has scared the heck out of my dog. That was my entertainment before the hot water.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If you have a top box it should be a little cooler this time of year than under the seat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I transported wine under the seat, but it was a short ride (5 miles from UPS to home). Too bad we didn't get to meet up, lobsters and wine dinner could have been nice.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
you can do it, it will get warm in there and it may get in bad shape, the only BIG problem is that you may not be able to remove the odor in there for a LONG TIME.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
the only BIG problem is that you may not be able to remove the odor in there for a LONG TIME.
Very true... I once have an Indian take-out dinner break open in my trunk; Tikka masala everywhere. I could smell curry for months afterwards. Lol. Careful what you wish for...

·
Registered
438 Posts
You should have no problem if it's a short trip. Just don't forget about it or you will never sell your bike.

Regards
Scott Fraser

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
and put the bib on AFTER you get home!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I once saw a guy take live lobsters in a box as carry-on on a flight. That was years ago and not sure it would be allowed now. Where I was sitting I could see the x-ray screen and the tech stopped it when he saw something moving. He then asked the guy what was up.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I once saw a guy take live lobsters in a box as carry-on on a flight. That was years ago and not sure it would be allowed now. Where I was sitting I could see the x-ray screen and the tech stopped it when he saw something moving. He then asked the guy what was up.
I can see it now plane hijacked by man with lobsters. :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have live fish I purchased from my local pet store (1 hour 15 min away) that I purchased 4 years ago. As long as the water does not drain out you will be fine. Just remember if you plan to keep it alive to follow proper acclimation procedures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts