Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I can get quite a bit more growl out of the exhaust. I think it's even quoted than the stock 400 exhaust. After I made my own exhaust for the 400, it's perfect. Any ideas what to do to a 650? Dual exhaust maybe?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
We've been here before...but why not beat a dead horse?
Most cars/trucks/SUV's etc drivers who cause motorcycle crashes claim they never saw the motorcycle. Even if it enhances their awareness of us just a bit...it's worth it. Also, there are some who like the sound...what makes one happy is a very subjective thing...it's like arguing which taste better vanilla or chocolate?

That's why.

Reactions: ALLEN07

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just simply like being able to hear the engine. For one, I can hear if there's the smallest thing starting to go wrong just by sound, it works one he11 of a lot better than a horn, people have gotten aware of me around the block compaired to when I'm already next to them. I'm more than confident but just simply like the sound. Not a fan of the stock setup.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Another fan of quiet machines. Oh, my younger and dumber years were not the same way. Straight pipe on my Ducati 250, expansion chambers on my two-strokes. Man! That sounds great. Or so I thought back then.

And I too like to hear the engine. I just don't want to drown it out with a loud exhaust!

But really, when on a long peaceful ride I just so much enjoy being alone with my thoughts as I so effervescently cruise down the road. And a quiet machine is a real aid in that regard. Everyone I ride with also has a good muffler on their bikes or they don't ride with me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
With all the various farkles and doo-dads folks have on their bikes, why would anyone question what he wants to do?! It's HIS bike!

How about some constructive ideas for exhaust mods, instead of "arguing over vanilla or chocolate?" :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wouldn't changing the flow of exhaust over the 02 sensor effect the performance of the engine?:confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are full exhaust and louder mufflers for the 650 and you can do a search on here and find stories. None are cheap and no one has ever been able to prove they increased either performance or fuel mileage on the 650 Burg! But if you want one for the noise effect they are available.

·
Administrator
18,726 Posts
Do a search for 3A muffler mod.

It is a mod where you cut the top off your stock muffler and slide a chrome 3A muffler down in and pop rivet it in place. About as loud as a BSA of the 60's.

A few member have done it and TechArtGuy even made some baffle inserts to tune the noise level.

If you live near a drag strip, go out on Jr Dargster day. Thats what a CVT shifted 650 will sound like with a loud open exhaust.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you live near a drag strip, go out on Jr Dargster day. Thats what a CVT shifted 650 will sound like with a loud open exhaust.
Arg! I sure don't want my wonderful Burgman sounding like flathead lawnmower engine winding out! My muffler is staying where it is and like it is!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Arg! I sure don't want my wonderful Burgman sounding like flathead lawnmower engine winding out! My muffler is staying where it is and like it is!
Great....and you avoided passing judgement on others who may not feel the same as you do....wtg!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Great....and you avoided passing judgement on others who may not feel the same as you do....wtg!
Thank you. Always enjoy the occasional complement!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just thinking it would be cool to do a dual exhaust on it. Any reason I couldnt have one pipe on each side under each saddlebag? I think that would be neat but possibly dangerous for the passenger. And it's really simply for the noise. I just so happen to like it. And does the 2005 have an O2 sensor? I was wanting to do something like the $50 exhaust mod I did for the pre 07 400. I really love it and thought a two cylinder 650 would really sound great done that way. But with two of those cans instead of just one. Looks like pretty small tubes under the bike so it wouldn't be hard to make something.

·
Administrator
18,726 Posts
The 650 got an O2 sensor starting in 08 for the USA market. The 3A mod leaves the Cat and O2 sensor in place. Doing duals will take dropping the centerstand off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
"i didn't see you"

Come on guys! That is just a cop-out! I had a driver miss my Big YELLOW school bus by about 2 inches! And that was only because I ran off the road to avoid that idiot. That person that says that was either, texting or playing with something else!

Just my observation.
Bob G.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts