Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Burgmann 650 and was wondering about what I consider to be a loud idle and a diesel sound.... anybody familiar with this.... apparently a factory fix fro this problem in England... may involve replacing the cvt collar... anyone have any good info on this?? I wrote to Suzuki but no response as of this writing... Mike in Ft Lauderdale had this problem and after much complaints the dealer replaced his cvt collar and he said it improved the problem a lot.... any other thoughts???

Bob, North Port, FL

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
It is a common problem with the Burgman. There are several posts here in regards to this matter. Browse the other posts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Suzy Creamcheese Clean Diesel Power

sctrnt said:
who wants to buy TURBO DIESEL stickers ?
How aboutL

"Suzy Creamcheese Clean Diesel Power"

·
Registered
143 Posts
DIESEL sound

Hi Rja41

That is a common problem of many, many AN650.
Its not a riding prob or so, but it´s noisy only.
Here in Germany I know from our Forum (http://www.AN650.de) that at least 15 engines got fixed free of charge by the Suzuki dealer. Guarantee!
Mike

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: DIESEL sound

MichaelMcMike said:
That is a common problem of many, many AN650.
Its not a riding prob or so, but it´s noisy only.
Here in Germany I know from our Forum (http://www.AN650.de) that at least 15 engines got fixed free of charge by the Suzuki dealer. Guarantee!
Mike
Suzuki USA authorized the fix for me too. But it has nothing to do with the engine. Its a small part in the driveline - I think it is a gear bushing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
dieseling noise

I put my scoot in the shop today,for it's 600mile service.While i was there i told him of the cumminings diesel i had under all that plastic.I all showed him a post i got off suzuki_burgman site i belong too.My wife & i left and came back in a few hours. He had talked to suzuki. They had OK'D a fix under warrenty.WOOPIE!!!!! The dealer is going to have to buy a special tool. But he said they'll fix me up. :D :D Tulsa is around 100 miles from where i live.But Farr's Cycle makes the trip well worth it. Great people to do busisness with. :D :D
By the way i saw two burgman's while we were over there.A 400 03 & a 04 650.It was nice to see Burgman's on the road. :D :D
Well i got to go to bed it's getting late and i need my beauty rest. :sleepy2:
Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts