Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

I'm sure its probably pointless to get a louder exhaust, but i'm kinda tiered of the quietness of it. I took the snorkel out of the air box, and that helped, but I kinda want to be able to hear it over the wind noise and sound like a motorcycle if you get what I mean. I've been told not to take the baffles out because of a fire hazard. So, I kinda want to find an aftermarket exhaust that is as deep as possible, and fairly loud. Don't know if anyone would know of one. Thanks to all for the help with all the other things I've posted.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Get a Leo Vince 4Road....
it has a removable baffle filter
for 'racing' use....you'll get loud.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I like the one without the baffle. Sounds pretty good. Not sure if I should just stick with what I've got and do the exhaust modification if I get a 650 or not. Btw, which leo vince was that?

·
Registered
326 Posts
SBK, I tried cutting open the stock exhaust, that was a disaster. You can not simply remove baffles. The SBK without baffles gets a little annoying on a long ride.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for trying it before i did! One of my friends has a v-star and a boulevard, and he just reached in there per say, and took them out of his. Thats all I thought I would have to do to mine. I guess not!

·
Registered
326 Posts
No.... it is a bunch of tubes and pipes running back and forth through several different baffle chambers. If yours does not have the loose welds inside,the death rattle, sell it and buy a Leo. Just be ready for a lot more rap, rap, rap. When I want more sound I just slide my baffle out. I added about 6" more baffle to the end of the insert to quiet it down even more.(just a 6" tube with 14" holes drilled in it and the end welded shut. The baffle does not do that much. I will try to post a video with the quieter baffle tonight, but I think my photobucket account is full from my Hawaii trip.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
You could just buy a HD as they don't make quite ones of those.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wish i could get a hd. i just love that i dont have to shift on my burgman. guess i got spoiled not having to learn how to shift. haha. now, what do you mean the death rattle? If i had that, couldnt i just weld it back myself?

·
Registered
326 Posts
The welds inside the muffler break loose and the little pieces of weld rattle around inside the canister every time you hit a bump, sounds like marbles rattling around. There is no way to fix it without cutting the canister apart. When you do that it ruins the canister, a pro may be able to carefully cut it apart and put it back together. I had no luck, by the time I got far enough in to the canister to get to the broken baffles it was beyond welding back together. I meant to document my experience but I failed to take pictures when I did it. If you are a fabricator and experienced welder you could gut for muffler yourself, I found the Leo SBK on ebay for $130 used, so after I installed it, I was curious about the stock muffler so out came my Dremel cutting wheel and disassembled the muffler. No loss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts