Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was P.D.Q.S.B but was not able to log in and when I tried to e-mail the administrators the e-mail would not send, possibly due to a problem here in Saudi. I have been away a few months due to moving house.
I got my 650 in January, a silver executive which has now done 1200 kilometers. I did the first service myself as I don't trust the so called mechanics out here.The Burgman is running great and now that I can open it up a bit more blew my mate into the weeds on his Ducati 600.
My new name"Lone Ranger" well it had to be didn't it as my Burgman is called Silver.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ian,

Welcome back. Glad you are enjoying that 650 Executive. As for letting those Harley guys ride "Silver"... I wouldn't allow it. Many of them just aren't accustomed to operating high performance machinery. :twisted:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ian,

Log out of the forums. Click the login link. Click the link for "I forgot my password". Enter your username and email address that you used when you signed up and the forums will email you a password.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bill,
I did all the usual log in procedures including the forgot password even though I hadn't forgotten it.
I clicked onto contact and wrote out an e-mail,clicked onto send and an official message popped up saying that it could not be sent to that e-mail address.
We get all sorts of problems with the web out here due to security checks on everything.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now what do I do ? I posted a reply with my new name and had to log on again I then posted a reply to Paul and it did not go but sent me back to log in again. I have now managed to log in under my old name.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ian,

It sounds to me like you're having problems with the specific machine you're on getting to the forums. If you clicked on a email link and it opened in your default email client, and then it was unable to send it, that would be a restriction set by your IT department or ISP.

For the forum login, that information is normally stored locally in a cookie. If you are unable to write a cookie with your login, the session ID generated by the forums 'should' keep you you logged in as it is passed between each page you visit. If your IP addres changes, the session ID is no longer valid. So if you can't store a cookie AND the IP changes, you will be logged out. I'd have a chat with the IT department and see what changes they've made and see if they can help resolve the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts