Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while traveling west along Interstate 90 I lost the fuse cover on my 2012 Burgman. I’m one week into a three week 40th Birthday trip to Yellowstone and back with 3,000 miles ahead of me. I’m very concerned about water getting into the space and causing problems.

Any suggestions as to what I might use to protect the space?

Alternatively I would absolutely open to “renting” the cover from someone and sending them the cover back upon my return.

The only definitive stop on my journey is Wednesday and Thursday night at the below address. If someone is open to the proposal please text me at the number below:

Justin Kase Conder
440-487-8811

Wednesday & Thursday Address:

Spuds Drive-In
2175 S Highway 33
Driggs ID 83422

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Find a black empty quart oil bottle .....drive to small town library .....cut cover from oil bottle ....seduce librarian to “Book Binder Tape” Cover on.

Embellish the facts ....write a book....sell the movie rights .... remember all the good guys at BUSA !

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I'm 850 miles west of you, sorry.

This is a common issue when you have the glove box cracked open to plug in something to the power port. There are mods to secure (the new one) with a screw or glue some fish line to it.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts

Easy Peasy ...and poof it’s done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 850 miles west of you, sorry.

This is a common issue when you have the glove box cracked open to plug in something to the power port. There are mods to secure (the new one) with a screw or glue some fish line to it.
I’m late to this, but if that is the reason you lost the cover...I drilled a small hole in the glovebox next to the accessory outlet. That allowed me to fish a charging cable through the Tupperware, up to the phone mount, without having to leave the glovebox unlocked or cracked open because a cable was sticking out of it. Also looks more appealing. My recommendation would be to use a braided cable to avoid needing to replace it often.

I know that doesn’t solve your need for a cover, but hopefully it will help prevent that loss again after you replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
@azz3879:

1) In the horse-is-already-out-of-the-barn department -- but perhaps useful for others searching this topic later, or who may not be aware of it already -- a mere 12 years ago I posted about this problem:

There's are also posts in there that discuss buying a new cover.

I wound up, on two Execs now, just using a piece of electrical wire, and super-gluing it to the cover and the dash.

2) As @cooperman suggested above, I would just go with some duct tape for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts