Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, here's the deal:

Los Angeles County - Group Ride on Sunday, November 14th.

Meet in front of my office in the San Fernando Valley at 9:00am (we're leaving at 9:30am sharp):

Poetic Justice
15333 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406

Its on Sherman Way, in a strip mall next to the Mobil gas station.
Take 405 fwy to the Sherman Way exit. Go East on Sherman Way. When you get to Sepulveda (1/4 mile from fwy exit), you need to turn around (but no U-turn allowed, so turn through the gas-station).

From there, we'll be going onward to meet more riders about 15 minutes further north. And from there, a group ride through Angeles Crest (very pretty ride)!!

Everyone welcome. But I'd like a "show of hands" by your responses as to how many are planning to attend. Either respond here or PM me. Anyone with any 2-wheel motoroized vehicle is welcome to attend.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: 7 riders (including myself) have PM'd their intentions to attend the Nov 14 group ride as of today (Nov 2).

I will update later this week with more meeting info (there'll be two meeting spots, one at 9am as posted in the previous post, and another at 10am).

BTW: We have riders coming from as far as San Diego County. If anyone else from around there wants to attend, PM me and I'll put you in touch.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, here's the OFFICIAL INFO:

We're having a Burgman GROUP RIDE (but open to ALL 2-wheelers) in
Los Angeles on Sunday, November 14th.

Two meeting spots:

9am - my office parking lot:
15333 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA 91406

10am - gas station at San Fernando Rd & Sierra Cyn:
Take the 5 fwy (or 405 N until it merges w/ 5 fwy) North.
Turn east (north) on Hwy 14.
Take the San Fernando Rd exit (about 2 exits down).
At end of exit ramp, go under the freeway overpass.
There's a gas station on your right (kitty corner Carls Jr).

We're leaving the first meeting spot at 9:30am sharp. At the 10am
meet spot, we'll be doing the following, very pretty route (ride leader Russ Schaeffer):

No freeways, we'll go Sierra Hwy then right on Placerita, left on
Sand Canyon over to Soledad Cyn. Then Soledad to Sierra Hwy(Briefly)
then Angeles Forest Hwy. We'll take that till we get to Upper Big
Tujunga Cyn then finally to The Crest and stop at Newcombs. The
group can decide the return but we can simply retrace or we can
return to Sunland (via Big Tujunga) or Glendale (The Crest)depending
on the mood of the day.

If you can make it, or if you think you can make it, PM me or post a reply here. As of this writing, we have 7 riders.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
How far is LA from Las Vegas? I would love to attend but I never traveled more than 200 miles in one day. :?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greengoose said:
How far is LA from Las Vegas? I would love to attend but I never traveled more than 200 miles in one day. :?
That would be great if you could attend! How about you just come and I'll tell you how far after you get here? Just kidding. Its 300 miles. I'll PM you additional info.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
The wife said "You work 84 hrs a week and you want to take 3 days of vacation and do WHAT without the family? Not no but HELL NO!"
oops.... :oops:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greengoose said:
The wife said "You work 84 hrs a week and you want to take 3 days of vacation and do WHAT without the family? Not no but HELL NO!"
I guess the key there is to include the family!!

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
chuck807 said:
Greengoose said:
I guess the key there is to include the family!!
She can follow me with the mini van. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Group

Will be joining the group ride, arriving from Claremont with my new muffler, a Yoshimura carbon fiber adapted from a dirt bike application. Makes a deep bass sound that reminds me of a 'Vette with glass packs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have to take students from my school to a Key club fucnction that day. Hope you all have a great day.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Re: Group

billclemen said:
Will be joining the group ride, arriving from Claremont with my new muffler, a Yoshimura carbon fiber adapted from a dirt bike application. Makes a deep bass sound that reminds me of a 'Vette with glass packs.
If you ever make a sound file of this exhaust, PLEASE e mail me! Any pictures, cost, part numbers, details?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any one from Orange or San Diego counties wanting to make this ride, PM me and I'll put you in touch with others from around there who are coming up...

So far we have about 10 people (not all of them driving Burgers) coming.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ANGELES RIDE

Well, I will be there. I also submitted a listing of this ride to the
southbayscooterclub.com newsletter, which reaches over 500 scooter riders all over Los Angeles & Orange County. Hope to have a great day!
thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: ANGELES RIDE

SILVERBURG said:
Well, I will be there. I also submitted a listing of this ride to the
southbayscooterclub.com newsletter, which reaches over 500 scooter riders all over Los Angeles & Orange County. Hope to have a great day!
thanks
Anthony
Excellent!! The more the better!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone!

To all that are planning on coming for Sunday's ride (Nov 14th):

Make sure you dress warmly!!! Its going to be sunny but that doesn't mean its going to be warm!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks to Chuck for putting the ride together, I think we all had a great time. I can't remember everyones name but it was neat having so many superscooters together. Barb's Scarabeo 500 was really cool and the big black Burgmans really stood out. Chris (Did I get that right?) and I stayed at the front of the group and made sure the road was clear. (I need to talk to you about your 'Busa.) It was a very nice fall ride.

Thanks to all,
"Carr" Russ Schaeffer

1 - 20 of 28 Posts