Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love watching her on her trips. She bought a used 2013 Honda CRF 250L.

Season #5

·
Registered
754 Posts
That last mountain pass was skeery. You get a sense of how steep it was on the way back down. :oops:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I started watching her when she was doing her pan American trip and it got cancelled by Covid 19. I like her personality, she is a great rider and has more balls then I would ever have.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Her videos are a pleasure to watch on several levels. Excellent editing and I particularly enjoy the drone footage. With her geology background they're also educational. ("But dear, I'm just watching this adventurous, lovely young blonde woman for the geology lessons...")

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Her videos are a pleasure to watch on several levels. Excellent editing and I particularly enjoy the drone footage. With her geology background they're also educational.

("But dear, I'm just watching this lovely young adventurous, blue eyed blonde, with a sexy accent woman for the geology lessons...")
Fixed that for ya G-D. That knot on the back of your head will heal soon. The coffee cup can be replaced too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been watching her show too.
She decided to start riding an adventure bike while on vacation in SE Asia.
She had never ridden a motorcycle before!.
That's amazing.

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been watching her show too.
She decided to start riding an adventure bike while on vacation in SE Asia.
She had never ridden a motorcycle before!.
That's amazing.
As a new rider, the Royal Enfield Himalayan is a great starter bike. At 411cc's it has good power but will not wheely when you crank on the throttle in 3rd gear.
It lugs well. It is light. It is geared low for easy takeoff on trails. It is a great city/country road bike but NOT a SuperSlab 80+ MPH bike.

Rumor has it later in 2021 in some countries there will be a Himalayan 650 twin. But if it comes to fruition, it will not show up in USA till 2023 or later if at all. It would be on my short list if I want a shifter bike again.

·
Registered
754 Posts
dogwater, Noraly had a Ducati Monster prior to buying the Himalayan (Basanti) she rode through Asia (season 1).

Dave, the Himalayan is not a light bike. They're 400+lbs. They're much like the Burgman 400. A bit heavy. Some say, under powered. Fast? Nope not at all. Will it do what you ask of it? Yep.

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dogwater, Noraly had a Ducati Monster prior to buying the Himalayan (Basanti) she rode through Asia (season 1).

Dave, the Himalayan is not a light bike. They're 400+lbs. They're much like the Burgman 400. A bit heavy. Some say, under powered. Fast? Nope not at all. Will it do what you ask of it? Yep.
Light at 400 pounds in compare to most other larger cc ADV bikes out there.
Under powered, yep. A KTM 390 ADV has 43 HP and weighs 370 pound wet.

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if most know how YouTube pays out for video bloggers. Google owns YouTube and also AdSense. It is AdSense that pays for Advertisement views.
For every view that you get and the viewer does not skip the advertisement, you get up to $0.03 but if they skip the Ad after the 5 seconds, you get $0.007.

So take one of Itchey's vids with 109,000 views, she may get at most $3,000 if every one watched the Ad's. But most will skip the Ad so more like she gets less than $900 for her time and expenses.

She is buying about 10 Gig's of data from her cell provider for EVERY video.
And her overhead is also not cheap from Episode #1 thru the series, the flight to locations, buying the bike and outfitting it, petrol and maintenance and lodging. She pays tolls and entrance fees to visit locations. She pays the host country taxes and fees too.

So, please do not hit that "You can skip the ad in 5 seconds" but just mute it for the 15 seconds so she gets more money.

She could sell links to items and then every time someone buys something she could get up to $5. But she does not do links.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I didn't know that Dave, thanks for the heads up. She has some mechandise for sale somewhere, just a few things, I might just buy something. Wonder if she needs a helmet hook?

·
Registered
2013 Burgman 650 who's name is Frankenberg...
1,057 Posts
Not sure if most know how YouTube pays out for video bloggers. Google owns YouTube and also AdSense. It is AdSense that pays for Advertisement views.
For every view that you get and the viewer does not skip the advertisement, you get up to $0.03 but if they skip the Ad after the 5 seconds, you get $0.007.

So take one of Itchey's vids with 109,000 views, she may get at most $3,000 if every one watched the Ad's. But most will skip the Ad so more like she gets less than $900 for her time and expenses.

She is buying about 10 Gig's of data from her cell provider for EVERY video.
And her overhead is also not cheap from Episode #1 thru the series, the flight to locations, buying the bike and outfitting it, petrol and maintenance and lodging. She pays tolls and entrance fees to visit locations. She pays the host country taxes and fees too.

So, please do not hit that "You can skip the ad in 5 seconds" but just mute it for the 15 seconds so she gets more money.

She could sell links to items and then every time someone buys something she could get up to $5. But she does not do links.
Good to know DJ, I will start watching her vids when possible and NOT skip the ads.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Love watching her on her trips. She bought a used 2013 Honda CRF 250L.
Season #5
Thanks for introducing her Dave; just watched her power thru the Sani pass S05,E14. Impressive! And I'm happy to be reminded that a small bike can often do things better than a big one. It would be much harder wrestling a big loaded BMW enduro along that route.

·
Administrator
20,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for introducing her Dave; just watched her power thru the Sani pass S05,E14. Impressive! And I'm happy to be reminded that a small bike can often do things better than a big one. It would be much harder wrestling a big loaded BMW enduro along that route.
Last year another women rider did Sani Pass before the heavy monsoon rains. She did it on a BMW F800GS Adventure bike and was loaded down. But the road way was in much better condition back then. When Kinga did it there was dirt between the rocks holding then in place. Noraly's trip was loose rocks and potholes to climb out of.

Kanga's "OnHerBike" trip of the same road. I'd almost try it on a Burgman 650 if I could get a better tire and raise it 3 inches. Nah!

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
189 Posts
And I'm happy to be reminded that a small bike can often do things better than a big one. It would be much harder wrestling a big loaded BMW
In the review below the (6 foot tall) rider's comments at 14 minutes are interesting. He seems to like it , overall. One of the more "thought thru" reviews.
I have a friend here in UK who has put 14000 miles on his, in just over a year. Fuel consumption is unbelievable, even to this B400 owner.

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
I have a friend here in UK who has put 14000 miles on his, in just over a year. Fuel consumption is unbelievable, even to this B400 owner.
Dave_J said there maybe a twin cylinder Himalayan in the works. A Suzi DR650 twin would be nice for the pavement between trails.

·
Registered
189 Posts
there maybe a twin cylinder Himalayan in the works
If it is the existing 650 twin, then it will be a wide lump!
Last June, the 650 had outsold Triumph, BMW and HD;- Combined. We waited 18 months after it's supposed launch date for it to go on sale, but it was apparantly worth the wait.
I see dozens of the things most weekends. And I've spoken to lots of owners. Not one has a bad word to say about them. "Only" 47 bhp, but suited ideally to our UK A and B roads.
Will cope with motorway at a push. Silk smooth gearbox. I find the seat a tad narrow, and firm, but hardier soles than me think it OK. One bloke, who had been to 2019 TT IOM, had ridden non-stop from Holyhead ferry to Matlock Bath (158 (Twisty) miles). He was a senior citizen too.;)

[EDIT] Thought about this after posting.(from YouTube)
"Royal Enfield will reportedly launch the 650 twins in India by Diwali 2018. While we patiently wait for the launch of the motorcycles, designer Oberdan Bezzi has rendered the Fury 650 ‘Flat Tracker’ based on the Interceptor 650."
I think it looks rather nice.
Royal Enfield Fury.
RE 650.jpg

·
Registered
754 Posts
Kinga rode Sani pass with all her luggage on her, heavier BMW F800GS. :oops: Props to both Kinga and Noraly, don't believe I'd be willing to try that 'road'.

The current Himalayan weighs as much as a Suzuki bush pig and KLR650 with half the torque and nearly half the hp. A twin Himalayan will be close to the weight of the BWM F800GS with half the hp & torque, serious heavy for off road use, IMO. Think I'll pass. So far I am enjoying my Himalayan and did some off road riding with it Friday. Very compliant and did what I asked it to do...even for a complete dirt noob. This old fat boy was a little sore Saturday morning after only doing about 65 'off road' miles. :oops:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts