Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of late I have gone back into the addition mode. I find that despite my love of my bike that it has to many limitations for 'additions'. Especially true if biking long distances. This is where I think the burgy falls short, they should allow for some degree of modification without the limitations that come with propitiatory enforcement. I'd really love to put some hard case side lugs on it --but it seems no-one makes side racks for the 2019 400 model. I have attempted to reach out to Kiwi Dave hoping that his all-inspiring work-arounds could be applied to the 400. I noticed he is primarily a 650 guy. But I will hope he will reach out to me with some ideas (I'd be willing to pay him for a bracket setup). If he can do it for the 650 I can see that he could for the 400. Even Fehling and Givi have no side racks which I find odd since they would have the market in their pockets.

I also want to place a stereo system into the the --bike but not one that has speakers clipped onto the handle bars. The issue is finding small enough waterproof speakers since there is very limited space to cut out and drop in speakers --they would have to be less then 3.5. I did find some 3 inch marine quality waterproofs but have zero idea how to integrate these into the bike and still have it look good. And zero idea what sound system/amp to work with.

It seems cutting templates for the side racks would be simple for a person who has such skills and the machinist background and tools to manage it but you would be surprised how many places I have attempted to get to do this and most of them say 'we could but we don't'? I find that an odd response when many of them advertise that 'they can do any project large to small'. With CAD programs, machines and metal cutters/benders and lathe's and welding equipment--you would think they would say sure a two hour or less job and 250 dollar later ....I can't understand at all why none of these locals places would do it. If they can make marine stuff this would be super simple for them. Anyhow I hope Kiwi Dave can give me a better response....I am still baffled it can't be that hard and for a person with the right tools it would be a zip job. And making a 100 plus an hour well if you can do it why wouldn't you? It is not like you assume any liability once the buyer walks out because you are not installing it on the bike. So some of this makes little sense to me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts