Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently restoring my nearly 40 year old Honda C70 Passport and will use the proceeds (plus more I’m sure) to purchase a maxi scooter. I really like the Bergman 400 & 650, but think the 650 may be a little too much for me (in power and price).

In looking for a used 400, what are some red flags I should look for? Also, what is a good source for determining fair market value?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Hmm, no replies. I am sorry you didn't get any advice so I will attempt to. In my opinion, either bike do their respective jobs very well. Price, condition and location are also factors to consider. Depending on what type of travel you are planning would determine my choice of which to have. As said, both can do the same things but for those different jobs each shines in it's own way. For longer trips or two up riding, hands down it should be the 650. For commuting or short trips the 400 would be my choice. As far as specifics on what to look for, like any deal on a used vehicle condition and history needs to be evaluated carefully before getting into pricing. I am not aware of particular faults associated with either model but as with any deal on a used vehicle, getting the latest is usually a thing to strive for unless you are looking at a very specific model. As far as handling the power, the 650 is very manageable, the power is not overwhelming but merely there if needed. The weight is heavy for a 650 but it is also situated mostly between your ankles so it is pretty well balanced.
Please show some pics of the Passport. We do love our Burgmans but also do appreciate about any old bike.
Good luck on your quest and please let us know what you decide.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
I found this site helpful in choosing between the B400 & B650 :

But finding this site was what made me pull the Trigger :

When I was looking and I think you will find that there is not to much difference in used pricing between the two.

Good Luck in finding a gently used decked out 2007-2012 B650 ;) You can thank me later.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I’m currently restoring my nearly 40 year old Honda C70 Passport and will use the proceeds (plus more I’m sure) to purchase a maxi scooter. I really like the Bergman 400 & 650, but think the 650 may be a little too much for me (in power and price).

In looking for a used 400, what are some red flags I should look for? Also, what is a good source for determining fair market value?

Thanks!
If this helps you choose,i bought a Burgman 400.The week after i bought the 650.When i want to go for a ride i do the eenie meenie miney mo,i always choose the 650.The Burgman 650 is the cream on the Burgman cake,go for a 650 you'll never look back.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
If this helps you choose,i bought a Burgman 400.The week after i bought the 650.When i want to go for a ride i do the eenie meenie miney mo,i always choose the 650.The Burgman 650 is the cream on the Burgman cake,go for a 650 you'll never look back.
I can actually admit to never having ridden a 400 but when presented with the dimensional numbers and performance specs of both bikes, having the power of the 650 would win me over every time. It is not about maximum speed but just the ability to accelerate quickly and maintain average highway speeds for hours on end that would make my choice.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Thanks!
The indestructable Honda cub.

Reactions: Blacktruck

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
The indestructable Honda cub.
Looking at that video brings back a lot of memories..Back oh so many years ago, one of the neighbor kids got a Honda 50 like that. Being as it was then, we all took turns riding on it and had many adventures n the back roads of southern Illinois. He/we rode it mercilessly for awhile until the rest of us starting getting some sort of two wheeled contraption. My brothers and I shared/pushed a Cushman scooter for a few months until dad found a Honda Super 90 that didn't run and was cheap to buy. Same thing, we used/pushed it a lot but we had fun. Out of the three of us, I was only one to keep riding after those years. Yea I still remember seeing the ads in the magazines and newspapers for the small Hondas. We had a local Honda dealer that was also a hardware store and machine shop in the era before mega dealers. I am pretty sure the Honda Cub got a lot of people on two wheels. I travel to Asia somewhat regularly and I am still amazed at the number you see there carrying way more than they were ever designed to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts