Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2003 Burgman 400. I think that the perfect add-on would be a nice stereo. Does anyone have any ideas for a system that won't take a rocket scientist to install? Does anyone have any photo's of their stereo systems or maybe a website where I can purchase something? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations! I assume that was the Malden bike. Glad it worked out for you.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
avi8tor said:
I just picked up a 2003 Burgman 400. I think that the perfect add-on would be a nice stereo. Does anyone have any ideas for a system that won't take a rocket scientist to install? Does anyone have any photo's of their stereo systems or maybe a website where I can purchase something? Thanks in advance!
Take a look at http://www.JerseyBiker.com to see how I installed radios on a Silver Wing and a PC.

I also put one on a 650 but it didn't work out as well.

I find the Sony remote control is the key. Then you can mount the actual radio anywhere.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My wife and i both use joggers am/fm/cd portable players that I mount with industrial velcro to a brackett I made and put on the dash.[allows the player to kind of bounce when hitting bumps so we get very little skip if any] We buy the full ear speakers and remove the head band and velcro the speakers in the helmet cutouts[at least our hjc has cutouts for speakers.] works great and cost about 100.00 for everything...depends on how expensive a player you get. safe riding eyes5002

·
Registered
350 Posts
Aviator, congrats on the burgman. There are many options for getting tunes on your ride. I tried a "sterio pod" which mounts between the handlebars but found it was huge, looks terrible (IMO) and there was no way to hook up earphones or headphones. Some folks like it, but it wasn't for me. If you go that route, make 350% sure before you order it because if you decide you aren't happy with it..... well, you can read in other threads in this forum about trying to return it.

I ended up with a small MP3 player with FM tuner. It's the perfect solution for me. Nothing to mount unless you want to mount some good quality marine speakers somewhere. I have a good pair of earphones that just plug in, tuck the MP3 player in my pocket and I'm good to go. Hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
check out sierra-mc.com we each have installed the J&M (jmcorp.com) handlebar cb/stereo and enjoy them immensely. the fun is routing your wires....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts