Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to purchasing but wanted to hold off getting a 2005 if the 2006 addressed some of the issues on the current 650. i.e. no reverse, small gas tank, small wheels, small windshield. I've been reading these may be possibilities but just wanted to make sure.

This will be my first bike so if anyone knows where to point me for this information I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
TJF
Southern California

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I haven't seen any specs for the '06s yet, but I wouldn't exect any major changes.

I can just about guarantee you won't be seeing a reverse gear. (How many motorcycles and scooters have that? You can probably count the models on one hand.)

Larger wheels? Not likely. That would be something for a different model, not an upgrade to the 650 (which already has larger wheels than the other scooters in its class).

A larger fuel tank would be nice, but I don't think that'll happen either. Still, 160 to 180 miles per tank (on the highway) isn't bad, and most riders are ready to stretch a bit by then anyway. I just got back from a 622 mile round-trip weekend and used less than 12 gallons: topped off at home; filled up once, halfway there, and had lunch; rode around a bit at my destination, had dinner, saw a movie, and checked into my motel; filled up as I was leaving; filled up halfway home, and had lunch; got home in time to go to work, and I'll need to fill up again in the morning. No big deal. Even upping capacity from 4 gallons to 5 wouldn't have made an appreciable change to the above routine.

Larger windshield? Well, I know you can get two sizes from Suzuki now in Canada; maybe they'll offer them here for '06. If not, Givi and Clearview make aftermarket screens that seem to work well.

Something tells me the only change we'll see will be the color...if that.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I agree with Brian there is absolutely no chance of your wish list being addressed in the 2006 model.

If you are taller than 5' 6'' then you may need an aftermarket screen but it will do no harm to wait and see how it pans out for you in practice. Other than carrying bottled fuel (and a catheter bag :wink:) you do not have much option on aftermarket fuel capacity. :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
About the most you can hope to see in the U.S. market is the addition of the Executive model which does come with an electronically adjustable windscreen as well as ABS brakes,passenger backrest and a few chrome garnishes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts