Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Sold my k6 earlier this year, & have determined that I miss having a big bike enough to replace it.
The 650 is high on the list, but they changed 'em a bit in 13 of course.
I have a few I'm considering including an 08 exec cheap. a 12 in that neat blue notsocheap, & 13's & 14's on the not as cheap but could swing 'em.

I'm familiar with the old body style of course, but I have yet to find anybody who rides them regularly put up a good comparison of the old & new styles side by side. I thought this would be the place to find that, so..

Does anybody have experience with both of 'em who can spell out the differences, & particularly note whether the new one's better MPG and lighter weight are worth 6L less storage?:blob7:

Thanks
Tromper

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Burgmanmaniac raised same topic and ended up buying L3 650.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I have not driven the 2013 model yet but I did fool around with one for a good hour at the dealer . On the older models I feel more like I am sitting in it , where as the new model I feel like I am sitting on it or on top of it which I did not like . I also had to bend over to reach the handlebar grips , which wouldn't work with my back . The seat felt smaller in the butt area which was a problem for me , it felt more like the Silver-wing's seat which I hate . Like I said above I didn't actually ride one yet , but just sitting on it for quite a while I could see it wasn't for me .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Excavator, why?
Would need to read the whole thread to figure out how he was looking for a Burgman and ended up with an Excavator. To each his own.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
To tell the truth i don't know why he bought it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have not driven the 2013 model yet but I did fool around with one for a good hour at the dealer . On the older models I feel more like I am sitting in it , where as the new model I feel like I am sitting on it or on top of it which I did not like . I also had to bend over to reach the handlebar grips , which wouldn't work with my back . The seat felt smaller in the butt area which was a problem for me , it felt more like the Silver-wing's seat which I hate . Like I said above I didn't actually ride one yet , but just sitting on it for quite a while I could see it wasn't for me .

TheReaper!
I think you are spot on about the 2013 model. The seat is smaller and the front fairing is a bit narrower too. Not pushing as much wind maybe that is where they get some of their extra mph. Another guy and I traded bikes for a few miles, we both agreed that my 2003 was quicker and jerkier. The 2013 was really smooth and quiet but it only had 1300 mi on it. We also agreed that my bike was warmer, I have a big Givi heat houser and he had that little electric wind shield. The mirrors are different too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts