Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Burg 650 since March and am very impressed with it's ablility. My wife has now expressed an interest in riding, but she is only 5'4". According to the specs, the seat height on the 400 is about 2 inches shorter and I think the 400 would be a much better fit for her. Are there any women about her size with the 400 and do you have any problems with stopping and touching the ground?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 5"6"-I tried out my guy's burgman 650- and found it was too tall
for me- I tried on a 400 at the dealer, and loved the fit! I have had my
400 for 2 years now- no problems with stopping, or feet comfortably planted on the ground!I just wish the 650's seat could have been lowered 2 inches-!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I posted on this in another category today (for Michael). Briefly, I'm 5'1" and find I can nearly flat-foot the 400. I keep the driver's backrest in the fully forward position as this feels the most secure and comfortable for me.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to send me a message or reply here if I may answer other questions for you both. :)

Bryna

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
the 400 is about 2 inches shorter and I think the 400 would be a much better fit for her
No doubt she will be able to control the bike.
Also without thinking about it in the city (read stop & go) a lot of riders will sit forward where the seat is narrower making it easer to flat foot at a stop. 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm 6'1" and am looking at the AN400 as well. My wife is 5" even. The lighter weight and lower saddle of the 400 is my main interest in it now. I sat on an Aprilia Atlantic 500 recently, a really nice bike, but the saddle is 3" higher than the Burgman 400. I could still flat-foot it, but only wiht feet in really close to the centerline of the bike, not much "tripod action" going on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am 5'5" and the 400 Burgman fits me perfect.
I can even walk my bike back and forth
while sitting on the it. I couldn't do it before
with my honda CBR600F4i.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stormsteed said:
manowell said:
My wife is 5" even.
Really??!!??

Just kidding.. I know what you meant... :lol:
I had to read the post three times to see what you were referring to. Geeze, she's aware enough of being five FEET tall that I shouldn't even think about five INCHES. <grin>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts