Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good side stand foot pad for the 400 for parking on soft surfaces? The side stand is not a normal motorcycle type which is more rounded on the bottom. The Burgman is long and flat. I would like something that bolts on. I carry a small block of wood right now. A crushed can works well too. Hard to pick up off the ground when you're leaving though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would like something that bolts on.
SOMEWHERE on here is a thread dedicated o this very thing!
Can I find it......:rolleyes:

If you can find it there is a drawing of the profile I made to bolt on permanently.
@wspollack also shows his (650) clamp-on version.
If you want the profile I will measure mine again and PM dimensions to you.

Meanwhile this one is cheap.
Grey Font Circle Electric blue Carbon

Attach a cord, keep it in the top dash box. Extend stand, drop puck, position under stand. Attach cord to LH brake lever. When you leave, get on the bike, and lift the puck for stowage.
Many on ebay.com

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered the one for the 650 off of Alibaba. They had a 3.00 coupon so it came to $11.46. Not bad.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. I received my side stand pad from Alibaba. Looks well made. Seemed to have a little wiggle room when I squeezed the top plate on so I added two washers I had laying around. Very happy with the results and for $11.50 shipped you can't go wrong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Looks great, love the matching black and Burgman logo. Your stand looks brand new, unused without blemish. How many miles on your bike?
I searched Alibaba and it turned up feminine pads and foot detox pads...Do you have a link?

I carry a portable pad in my left glove box. It's plastic and I drilled a hole in it and tied fishing line to it. I toss it down and position it with my foot, tie the other end to my handlebar. When leaving just yank it up and stow it. More work, but I have it when I need it, just used it yesterday as I only had loose much with sand under it to park at my lunch stop.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: SemBurg

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Looks great, love the matching black and Burgman logo. Your stand looks brand new, unused without blemish. How many miles on your bike?
I searched Alibaba and it turned up feminine pads and foot detox pads...Do you have a link?

I carry a portable pad in my left glove box. It's plastic and I drilled a hole in it and tied fishing line to it. I toss it down and position it with my foot, tie the other end to my handlebar. When leaving just yank it up and stow it. More work, but I have it when I need it, just used it yesterday as I only had loose much with sand under it to park at my lunch stop.
You may want to read through this two-page thread from last year (even though the link that @Uncle Fester posted above says it's for a 650 (and I believe he has a 400):

This is the one I ordered for my (now-sold) 650:

I have some comments in several posts in that thread, including before- and after-pics of the sidestand. You may find the thread useful.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Thanks again for all the great information/reading. I ordered from AliExpress, the black Burgman 650 version. I like the fact that it's been tested and proven here and inexpensive. I'll still keep my portable pad in the glovebox for the Florida sugar sand.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
in a situation like that, I just use swmbo.s shoe , (she hates having to wait outside in a no shoes no service place, so she tells then it's shoeS not shoE.. mosly it works)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have friends that use a brisket that are pleased. I needed one ASAP and used the top of a large institutional mayonnaise jar and still have it under my seat from 3 years ago...

...crude but effective.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks BurgDanno for finding the same one. Still has the 3.00 coupon. And yes I installed it on my 2016 Burgman 400. Now people will think it is a 650!

It took about 4 weeks to arrive. FYI.

Reactions: BurgDanno

·
Administrator
18,089 Posts
AliExpress is stupid click bait to log in and order anything. Then get 10 emails with NEW DEALS.

• Sad
Reactions: BurgDanno

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Just an update. I received my side stand pad from Alibaba. Looks well made. Seemed to have a little wiggle room when I squeezed the top plate on so I added two washers I had laying around. Very happy with the results and for $11.50 shipped you can't go wrong.
I received mine today from AliExpress, only two weeks from China. Yes, click bait but I "unsubscribed" today after it arrived.
Looks to be real nice quality and machining. It's the little things that make me happy. Off to my local hardware store for more Loctite.
Tool Utility knife Hunting knife Everyday carry Wood

·
Administrator
18,089 Posts
Next member that wants to do an order with AliExpress maybe we can do a small group buy.

Reactions: Uncle Fester
1 - 20 of 21 Posts