Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a good quality cover that will cover the 650 with a topcase and not damage the paint?

Thanks.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have a large Givi E55 topcase.. I use a Dowco X large all summer... works fine.. In the winter I move to a cycleshell.. I like the Dowcoas it goes on & off easily.. lasts well on the Burgman.. on my Piaggio, not so much as it melted on the muffler despite the high heat shield.. occasionaly it would brush the non protected area against that hot muffler.. and it would melt... The Burgman has a much better system and the outside of the muffler is no where near hot enough for that.. The bike is always dry ...

·
Administrator
18,336 Posts
My guess is a cover for a dressed GoldWing. At least easier to search for.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I picked up a large motorcycle cover at Wallmart for less than $20.00 on sale.

It's not waterproof , but does the job and rolls up small.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
DOWCO makes some of the best covers... buy an XL size in your favorite material.

The Walmart cover is nice for indoor storage to keep dust off the bike, it will not survive outdoor use, it will
fall apart after a season if not sooner, especially if it is exposed to excessive sun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Check with your local dealer.
When I picked my used 650 from the dealer, I went shopping!!!
New Helmet, Riding gear and cover. I do not have a garage and my shed will hold the Met. but not the Burgman. :-(

While I was looking around, I looked over their cover assortment to see what would fit.
I did not see anything so I asked about ordering one.
The parts guy asked me to wait a second, he went into the back, and came out with an opened, torn up box with about an inch of dust on it which said Suzuki.
It was the genuine cover for a 650 oversized version.
Whe I saw the $129.00USD sticker I said, "No thank you, do you have something not made of gold?"
He chuckled and said, "I will sell you this one at cost. I never thought I was going to get rid of it!"
Fits great with a Bestem 949 box on the back. Quality is the best I have ever seen. Water tight yet breaths. Very heavy construction with a felt layer on the windscreen to prevent scratches and a insulator over the muffler so it may be put on when hot.
The heaviest wind has yet to take it away (80 MPH last week) and I just pull it on and over, no locks.

Ask around, perhaps your dealer has one you can get on the cheap.

Gambit...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts