Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.all
In my search for a ride that will work for a 65 year old who rode goldwings 22 years ago... in the last four weeks, I first purchased a 2012 Suzuki burgman 650, and sold it due to its weight and unbalanced ride. A few days later, a 2008 Suzuki burgman 400. Easy time driving and much easier to move while mounted. Sold it, though I could ride a traditional bike. Bought a honda ctx700 manual, had trouble shifting, and sold it. Finally, bought a like new 2018 ctx700 automatic. Experienced back pain with my leg having to swing over the seat. All four bikes bought and sold within 4 weeks.
So now I think I have decided to select the burgman 400.
Any private party know of any for sale in Arizona? Thanks. Don Castle

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don, sorry to hear about your experiences. I've had something similar but not in four weeks! Mine has been since 2007.

I had a beautiful BMW R1150R roadster with a touring screen, hard bags, & a back rest for the passenger. Nicest motorcycle I ever had since 1962. Then I started having hip lock ups when swinging my leg over the seat. Traded it on a new Silverwing and that worked for a while. Then due to it's weight, my low back started to hurt me and I strained my upper back & shoulder muscles.

Next I traded the Silverwing in for a 2008 Burgman 400 until 2015 when I thought I'd try a smaller, lighter scooter - a 2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS. The seat & suspension were like sitting on a bouncing rock! So I traded it in on a new Burg 400. I've been happy with it until recently when it has become too heavy for me. BTW, I have a bad low back with two surgeries so far and sciatica pain.

At this point, I am looking at selling my B400 or trading it in and buying a Burg 200 which is much lighter but is very similar otherwise to my beloved B400.

I loved the B400 as it has plenty of power for my needs; it's comfortable; great storage; low seat height; and has a great look too. I will miss it very much.

Good luck!
Tony

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My 400 is my primary means of trans. (no car) I just bought a 2007 Sportster for a "fun" bike, but Burgman is the best way to run errands, shopping, etc. And it will still be my "trip" bike :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts