Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ...

Have posted this message on Yahoo :- Burgman, Modern-scooters, Maxi-scooters sites..

The heading was :- Burgman 250 EFI 2003 Model

Hi i inquiring from Perth Western Australia
I'am very interested in purchasing the above model scooter.
Does anybody own EFI model as yet. ?
or
Seen or test driven one. ?
Interested in any info on acceleration and top speed single & 2 up. ?
Fuel consumption. ?
General comments. ?

We don't have much choose in models.
Yamaha Majesty 250 or Tmax 500
Honda Forza 250 no silverwing 600
Suzuki Burgman 250 & 650

I don't really need 500 or 650cc but don't wont to be under powered
with 250cc. (400 Burgman would be perfect if we had them)
There is app. $3-4,000.00 dollars difference between 250 & 500 or 650.

Thanks

Greg..........

:)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Sorry I can't help as far as the smaller ones go. I have a 650 and its awesome. Not sure about 2 up or miles per gallon since Im only on the 1st tank. Im sure others will chime in soon to give advice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Milage

Greengoose said:
Sorry I can help as far as the smaller ones go. I have a 650 and its awesome. Not sure about 2 up or miles per gallon since Im only on the 1st tank. Im sure others will chime in soon to give advice.
I have 500 miles on my 650. I have had two fillups at 52 MPG highway. I have had two combo city & highway at 40+ MPG. One all highway speed at 69mpg. I think 69mpg is a fluke, to good to be true. Someone was complaining about 30 mpg. I believe at low neighborhood speeds 30 - 35 the Burgman will get poor mileage, down in the 30 or less range. I have been driving around my neighborhood for several nights and the gas gauge is dropping like a brick. I averaged 46MPG for the first 470 miles. go to powersportsnetwork.com and go to rider reviews for more owner reports.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Reply to aussie

:lol: greg, go ahead and get the 650 Burgman. I have never met anyone who buys a more powerful bike and later complains about too much power! But---I have met and known MANY people who settled for a smaller, less powerful and fast bike and inevitably regretted it very quickly. With a larger more powerful scoot, you can hold it half throttle, not abuse it and get the same performance that you'd get riding the POOP out of a little scooter. I get between 45 to 65 mpg. At 70 mph cruise, I get 55 mpg and around town and in the country, I get about 60 mpg. The 650 Burgman doesn't even notice when you have a passenger on the backseat! Try that on a 250! This 650 Burgman rides extremely well, handles great, is comfortable, has great under seat storage, and is capable of long distance, high speed touring. It is truly and amazing machine, and I've had Harleys, Goldwings, BMW's, Ducatis, Valkyrie interstates, and I currently have a 2002 VTX 1800 Honda Retro Cruiser and a BMW R80RT and guess which one I like to ride the most??? The Burgman! Take care Mate, Sam :wink:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Looking at buying - 250 or 650 Burgman or possibly Tmax5

Posting this as a matter of interest to other people looking for info

Test rode 250 EFI & 650 @ last

Found 250 super smooth & quiet, clutch engages around 2,500-3,000rpm
& disengages about the same when slowing down to stop, very smooth.
Full throttle revs to app. 6,000 - 6,500 and holds till you back off.
@ 60kmph revs 4,950
@ 70kmph revs 5,150
@ 80kmph revs 5,850
@ 100kmph revs 7,100
@ 120kmph revs 8,850
@ 130kmph revs ?
Has good take off, excellant combo brakes.
Found screen ok for me (5' 10") can ride with visor open up to max speed (App. 130kmph) only gets noisy when you close visor.
Also found very light @ slow speed allmost like a push bike, but still felt stable @ 130kmph..

As for 650 noisy @ idle (not just the funny deisel noise) as most of you allready know heaps of power, very quick off the line especially in power mode.
Can feel the extra weight @ low speed, but felt solid on the road @ hi speed.
Very harsh when coming to a stop, holds in gear right down to allmost full stop, vibrates through the bike, no very good.
Also found screen ok as per the 250 with more body protection.

All in all found 250 nicer to ride but with lack of extra power in the mid range. (no 400 here)

Will try Tmax when dealer has finished assembling hopefully this Saturday

Regards Greg ....

Greg said:
Hi ...

Have posted this message on Yahoo :- Burgman, Modern-scooters, Maxi-scooters sites..

The heading was :- Burgman 250 EFI 2003 Model

Hi i inquiring from Perth Western Australia
I'am very interested in purchasing the above model scooter.
Does anybody own EFI model as yet. ?
or
Seen or test driven one. ?
Interested in any info on acceleration and top speed single & 2 up. ?
Fuel consumption. ?
General comments. ?

We don't have much choose in models.
Yamaha Majesty 250 or Tmax 500
Honda Forza 250 no silverwing 600
Suzuki Burgman 250 & 650

I don't really need 500 or 650cc but don't wont to be under powered
with 250cc. (400 Burgman would be perfect if we had them)
There is app. $3-4,000.00 dollars difference between 250 & 500 or 650.

Thanks

Greg..........

Well Tmax as per most other peoples comments, seat to heigh and uncomfortable for me, screen hammers my head with wind noise and i get the push in the back from app. 60 kmph on.
Not as powerful as i was expecting.

Revisited burgman after i droped of Tmax (had it overnight)
Well i must have been 2 seconds away from it becoming smooth.
I rode the exact same bike again and this time around it was much better, transmissions was heaps smoother than first trip, even my comment on harsh disengagement coming to a stop was much better and the more i rode it the better it got.
Can only guess CVT belt had not had time to bed in when i had finished my ride the first time.
So you fellow 650 owns don't panic it is as you say " Excellent bikescooter "

Will be ordering mine today...

Greg ...

P.S. - even the noise @ idle is not so bad anymore ....

16/9/03 Tuesday - Pick up my Burgman 650 last night on the way home...

Greg ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts