Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my dealer friend has just got a 2005 burgman 650 with only 1052 ks in
.Now i am very tempted to buy at $6000 BUT as we all know any thing that has sat around for so long not used thing start to perish.
It has had the 1000k service done then was stored under a blanket,it looks like new and rides like it also .
Mine has done 45000ks still rides brilliant BUT i always said i would only sell mine if i found one with lower ks..I paid $5500 for mine 6 mths ago
,got it to see if i liked this scooter thing and now i am slowly selling all my other bikes as i love this thing (must be a sign of maturity or so my wife said)

so what are your thoughts on this bike and the low kays it has ,,,price is high for burgmans in Australia that can not be helped.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
You should be able to find a 2005-2006 with low miles for around $3.0-4.5k.

For $6k, I would look for a later model year.

That's for the US market, not sure how the wheeling & dealing is done down under

What kind of trade are they offering for yours.

It is hard to match the Burgman in the comfort compartment.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I bought my 05 six months ago with 3500 miles. Runs great! Just needed battery, coolant, tires and oil for the most part. I now have 10k and I've no problem doing 700 mi weekends. I'd ride it across the country if I could.

Not sure if the $6k is Australian, that would be 5500 USD. Not sure what the market is there, but LeDude is correct for the states. I paid $3300 USD for mine. The seller needs to take off for the the items I mentioned.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are burgman market is high they a very saute after and fetch high price even with 40000plus ks i would not trade mine in but sell it privately and still get $5000 .The price of $6000 is for me as a trade sale it is selling for $6999 plus on roads for every else so as you can see prices are high here .I envy you in the states at the prices you can buy things pity the freight cost are so high and complying it to Australian rules.
As i would fill a 40ft container with all the goodies and ship them over

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Demand here is pretty low. I've seen the same 13 at my local dealer for almost two years now. 40k ks is what 24k miles. That's not a lot for a 650. You might want to consider just keeping it unless it is an 03-04 model. Then the upgrade would be worth it from what I've read.

I've been very happy with my 05 thus far, its a grand bike. Good luck on you decision.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think we can figure out why the States doesn't get the cream of the crop MC offerings from the manufacturers. When USED bike prices are that high, would you ship your best bikes to America? I wouldn't, keep em in Asia and get twice as much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts