Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last years excellent road test of a 650 Burgman, Mortorcycle Consumer News (MCN) indicated that they would be putting one in the hands of an executive who used to ride and let him try it out in everyday use for 6 months. They woudl then produce an indepth report based on someone who ia older and returning to riding with a Burgman. Sound familiar?
Anyway, I just got an email from the editor, Dave Searle, and he indicated that they hope to produce the article, probably in the June or July issue.
As a longtime motorcycle fanatic with an iterest in vitually all aspects of the sport, I fine MCN to be the best overall publicaiton dedicated to riders and riding that I have ever seen. It does not accept advertising and addresses very broad aspects of the sport. The writing is good and topics are timely.
Check it out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looking forward to it.

I just hope I can hold off getting a bike till I read the article. :)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
The Director of Safety and Training at my company, who is also a MSF instructor, gave me the original MCN article. It, along with his recommendation on hearing that I was looking a getting another scooter, was what lead me to look at the Burgman.

I can't thank him...or MCN...enough.

BTW, for all the UK readers: our MCN isn't the same as that rag with the same initials that you poor blokes get over there. Ours is a good read. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I just subscribed on line. 41 bux for 12 months. sorta pricey but - what the hay...

just curious docta - if you are a subscriber of the paper issue, does one have access to the on line version?

tia,
pete

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pete said:
I just subscribed on line. 41 bux for 12 months. sorta pricey but - what the hay...
It's a bit pricey, but I think it's well worth reading. The higher price is because they have no advertising revenue, so magazine sales pay the whole cost of running the magazine.

I especially enjoy the bike and accessory reviews, and the ongoing "Proficient Motorcycling" articles.

Pete said:
just curious docta - if you are a subscriber of the paper issue, does one have access to the on line version?
I think the on-line magazine is available to anyone who has an Adobe Acrobat reader (needed for the articles, but not the forums).

The paper version is more complete and in-depth, with the on-line version being an "appetizer."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian is right about the subscription/online access.
Part of what I like about MCN is the wide age-range of the contributors, along with their efforts to examine and illuminate virtually all aspects of the sport. Their product review always seem to be spot-on, as well.
Over the years, I have consistently saved many, many times the subsciption price through information provided in the publication.
Other than the Wall Street Journal, this is my most useful subscription.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Well - it stated I'll have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. I hope I don't miss out on that particular issue!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts