Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been lurking on the forum for the past several weeks as make some modifications to my Burgman in preparation for a 40th birthday cross country trip to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho with my brother.

I've been a long time scooter rider with my first ever vehicle being a Honda Spree 50cc which I drove to school everyday of my junior and senior years. I loved that little thing. I later graduated to a Honda Helix 250cc which I enjoyed thoroughly and took on many a trip throughout California where I am originally from.

A few years ago I moved to Raleigh, NC and after visiting the Blue Ridge Parkway made it a goal to ride it in the fall before I moved somewhere else. While I don't plan on moving anywhere soon, it's great here, riding the Parkway in the fall is still a goal of mine so last October I upped the ante and bought my 2012 650 Burgman Executive.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Welcome! BRP is beautiful riding or driving. That pic looks like it could be straight out of a Burgman ad.

Reactions: azz3879

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Welcome azz ,

I always like to share this link with B650 owners :

That site and $100 worth of tools can save you thousands.

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
Welcome azz. As you will find, there are a lot of south eastern owners on here.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome, AZZ. I have the same bike, which I bought last August w/5k on it and have tripled the mileage already. I concur with @DarisPakar on becoming familiar with LeDude's page. It has saved me big bucks, especially when I needed to replace a mirror because my bike got pushed over.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Much appreciated.

It's remarkable how much information is available on LeDude's site!! Just remarkable. Will definitely be making use of it.

@dogboy I just bought a Kappa topcase for my Burgman, but I gotta ask what one you have. That thing looks great!

·
Registered
741 Posts
@dogboy I just bought a Kappa topcase for my Burgman, but I gotta ask what one you have. That thing looks great!
Thanks for the good word, although you remind me that I need to update that picture because I recently replaced that case with a Givi E460. The bike ("Rosie") came with that Mutazu universal top case but I had to replace it when I upgraded to a Corbin seat because the case interfered with the opening of the seat, which has a lot more padding for the pillion.

Here's one just like it.

The Mutazu reminded me of some women I've dated: It looked great but didn't have lasting appeal.:LOL: It was actually not a great piece of hardware. It rattled like hell, and was mounted to a piece of plexiglass that a prior owner had cobbled up to attach to the Burgman's three mounting points, hence it was not readily removable. It was also wired into the electrical harness, without a separable plug. The lights were not very bright, so I upgraded everything with LEDs. And then I bought the Corbin, so that was the end of that.

You'll definitely be happier with the Kappa, which is the same as a Givi but at a lower price point.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,020 Posts
Hello all, I've been lurking on the forum for the past several weeks as make some modifications to my Burgman in preparation for a 40th birthday cross country trip to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho with my brother.
I've been a long time scooter rider with my first ever vehicle being a Honda Spree 50cc which I drove to school everyday of my junior and senior years. I loved that little thing. I later graduated to a Honda Helix 250cc which I enjoyed thoroughly and took on many a trip throughout California where I am originally from.
A few years ago I moved to Raleigh, NC and after visiting the Blue Ridge Parkway made it a goal to ride it in the fall before I moved somewhere else. While I don't plan on moving anywhere soon, it's great here, riding the Parkway in the fall is still a goal of mine so last October I upped the ante and bought my 2012 650 Burgman Executive.
@azz3879
Welcome sir. You have found the right place to talk about and ask questions if needed about our beloved Burgmans (Burgmen?). Your new to you bike will be a great choice for the long miles to the NW. Please keep us entertained with pics (we are easily distracted by shiney things and interesting pics) and some stories to go along with them. Riding the BRP has long been a goal of mine.
Ride safe there man.
Again welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Blacktruck Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words. I'll be sure to do so ( :

@dogboy The first think I did when I looked at your reply was immediately look at the link before reading what you wrote... hence I was disappointed as I thought maybe I'd made the wrong purchase with the Kaapa. I then Google the Mutazu and was redirected to another Burgman USA thread in which someone else was disappointed with how it mounted on his bike. Had I taken a second to read the rest of your thoughts I'd have avoided all of that as you clearly state... and with a chuckle added, that I made the right choice! Ugh sometimes my quick fingers get the best of me...

I got my Kappa K56N in yesterday, but the weather here in Raleigh has been wet and cold so I'm waiting for it to dry up a bit before I throw it on and take some photos.

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Had I taken a second to read the rest of your thoughts I'd have avoided all of that as you clearly state... and with a chuckle added, that I made the right choice! Ugh sometimes my quick fingers get the best of me...
No worries! Sometimes I get long-winded and readers may never make it to the end of my messages. LOL!
Glad to have you here, and I hope you find the forum as useful as I have.

I also hope you've got the right mounting hardware. I think you need to have the Monolock mounting hardware for that case, which I was having a lot of trouble finding in stock anywhere. That's why I ultimately bought the Givi E460, because it uses the Monokey mounting hardware, which I was able to find. I'd be curious where you found the Monolock hardware.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Burgman riders are getting younger,welcome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I also hope you've got the right mounting hardware. I think you need to have the Monolock mounting hardware for that case, which I was having a lot of trouble finding in stock anywhere. That's why I ultimately bought the Givi E460, because it uses the Monokey mounting hardware, which I was able to find. I'd be curious where you found the Monolock hardware.
@dogboy, I was gonna post a write up about my experience once I get the case on and take some photos, maybe today, still a bit wet but not as cold. But I bought the Kappa K56N on eBay and the Givi SR3104 Monokey Topcase Mount from Amazon. While eBay and Amazon were the intermediary "stores" both items shipped from Tour and Ride which is the US online store for Kappa, which as you likely know is a subsidiary of Givi.

@Plum loco thanks for the welcome... I won't lie to ya, I've always been the youngest guy I know on a scooter, easily the case when I rode one to highschool, but even as I near 40... it's still the case ( ;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts