Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hmmm.... after reading the article it has me rethinking my conclusion about the tire breakover being the cause of the rear skipping in curves per :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2735

I think some extensive testing (aka - fun riding) is called for. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know Bill, this test was done in torrential down pour conditions. I'm sure the weather had an awful lot to do with it. As well the area they were riding is temperate rainforest and known to be somewhat 'slimy' due to the amount of precipitation. The Suzuki dealers I have spoken to all say just the opposite, that the Burgmans at least are inherently stable. As well, these moto journalists do lots of track time and are used to gripping the tank while doing speed manouevers, it could be they don't want the world to know that you don't have to look like Valentino Rossi to ride fast. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Thanks for the article; interesting. 8)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Did you happen to notice the price of the accessories at the bottom :shock: gulp!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
allwalk said:
Did you happen to notice the price of the accessories at the bottom :shock: gulp!
Yes, they are pricey but I have seen a Majesty on a showroom floor with the rack, backrest and case installed and they looked extremely nice. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow if I have time and post them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been royaly impressed with the Majesty's looks and specs. I've never had the chance to ride one but sat on one at a dealership. Very nice!

I'd venture to say that I'd put this ahead of the Burgman 400 for style, comfort and maintenance.

I'm seriously considering this as my next scoot.

-Silver

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
allwalk said:
From the Yamaha dealers price tag (all prices are approximate because I didn't write down the actual amounts):

44 liter top case: $271.00 CDN (painted to match - gorgeous!)
Backrest: $120.00 CDN
Rack: $120.00 CDN

All three of these are quality pieces and do look very smart on the Scoot. Unfortunately my photographic prowess does not do them justice. In fact I've yet to see any picture that portrays the Majesty as good as it looks first hand.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I don't think that the prices are that bad. IMHO 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts