Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 400 and am planning a semi-lap of America next summer. The scoot will have 14K miles on it by the time I leave. I'll replace the belt (is there a better, maybe Kevlar, belt out there that is better than stock?), new rear tire, taller windshield, handguards, Dr. Pulley weights and valves adjusted before I leave. I'm trying to find some usable, meaning larger than I've been able to find, saddlebags. And, more important to me a 'real' luggage rack that would replace that goofy 'spoiler' that is there now, something that uses those nice, big bolts to mount. I've been riding for 45 years, so I've got a good idea of the mechanics for doing this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you're not averse to it, you may want to dark side it.entire trip on one rear tire.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That price seems ridiculous for a rack.

You can likely buy a Givi topbox and mount for close to the same and use the mount for a luggage rack. I never liked hard bags on a scooter. I have lately ben using Bilt Explorer Roll Bag from Cycle Gear, plus under seat plus topbox and can carry all I need.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I put 10,700 miles on my 2013 Burg 400 year before last. A great scoot, but ended up trading up to a 2013 Burg 650. For me, it is better for long trips. I know, just back from 4,700 miles to Jasper Canada thus summer. Easy, comfortable cruising at any legal speed.

If you can cruise at about 65 mph on your 400, you will find it is a comfortable speed with good fuel economy. And, the 400 will hold at least as much cargo as the 650! Hope you enjoy your epic tour of the lower 48.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts