Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm about to buy a Burgman 650 in about 2 months, but I was wondering if it is feaseble to ride more than 5000 Km? Around July 2006 I will be transfert to Victoria From Montreal and I'm planning a long ride. They give me 10 days. :?:

What's the mileage per galon for a Burgman?

Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
After you break in the Burgman properly, the big scooter should have no problems with a cross country trip. You should expect about 50-60 mpg (imperial). In fact, if you are buying a 2005 then you'll have the overdrive so you should expect highway mileage on the upper end what I quoted. Everyone dreams of such a trip. I did Toronto to Vancouver in 4 days, quite some time ago, so 10 days should be a nice leisurely pace. Canada is a big place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks for your important comments. I made my decision, it will be a nice trip.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
969 Posts
8) Envy 8)

Steve

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey keep us posted! That is actually a trip I want to make sometime in the future, from Ottawa.
We have a son posted out there and plan to drive out next summer ... we hope!

·
Registered
639 Posts
nciop said:
Around July 2006 I will be transfert to Victoria From Montreal...
You are going to love living in Victoria. 8) We've had a great winter here this year, so there are always lots of bikes on the road. There is at least a dozen Burgman's on the lower part of the Island.

Various kinds of trees are blooming with pink or white flowers, the Daffodils are up everywhere and we've been cutting the grass for the last month. :shock: Spring is here!

Enjoy the trip and take your time, enjoy the awesome Canadian scenery. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reply vfdCaptain

Thanks for your comments...I used to live in Victoria 3 and half years ago!! And I think if I not wrong, I used to lived in the same area as you..Saanichton!! If I wrong...I appologize!!

I know you guys had marvellous winter compare to us..BRrrr!!!

So pleasure to see you around Clover point...July 2006!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
nciop said:
...I was wondering if it is feaseble to ride more than 5000 Km? Around July 2006 I will be transfert to Victoria From Montreal and I'm planning a long ride. They give me 10 days. :?:

What's the mileage per galon for a Burgman?
Last summer I rode from the Canadian Border to the Mexican Border, a distance of about 1500 miles, in three days. I stayed in southern California for two days, then made the return trip.

Grand total, over 3,000 miles (4800+ kilometers) in six days of riding.

I averaged 50MPG (US Gallons, of course) on the long stretches of highway. I get around 45 now, with my standard mix of city and higway riding. The worst I ever got was during the first week I had it, when all my riding was around town; 36MPG.

Good luck on your trip, and I'm sure you're going to love living in the Pacific Northwest...er, I guess it would be Pacific Southwest on your side of the border. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts