Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done this? If so, I'd like to hear how your trip went & on which Burgman? I'm thinking of getting a big scooter & I ride long distances some times. I already have soft gear for extra storage capacity.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Long Distance

I think you can do pretty well on the burger. Take care to make
sure you have a windshield that is the right height. Otherwise the
wind noise can wear you down. People change the seat around
to fit their body.

The suspension can be a little harsh on the rough roads.

A lot of the guys are putting the large Givi box on the back.
In a pinch, a large duffle over the passenger seat would
suffice.

Once broken in, the burger is quite pleasant for traveling considering
the engine size an all.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Recently, I took a 1,700 trip on a 400, it performed well. Two friends of mine on 650s are on a +3,000 miles ride now. You should not have any problems touring.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Long Trips

This Chap has done the longest scooter trip I know of http://www.scootertrip.com. On a 250cc reflex ! the Burger should do a long trip without a problem in my opinion :x

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife followed me for 10,500 mile on our tour of 19 states this spring/summer. A summary of our trip is in the "Road Stories" on this board.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Long Trips

HappyPuppy said:
This Chap has done the longest scooter trip I know of http://www.scootertrip.com. On a 250cc reflex ! the Burger should do a long trip without a problem in my opinion :x

I read a true story w/pics about a Canadian that rode all the way across Canada in the 70's on a moped :!: :shock: Talk about a minimalist :!: He had to ride on side roads too as much as possible 'cause his rig was too little to legally be on a hiway. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts