Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CA DMV must see the Fed Cert Label on my 2014 Burgman 400 before issuing a license plate; I have searched this forum and tried lots of Google searches but haven't found a clue. If anyone can let me know the location I will be mighty grateful.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Call a local Suzuki Dealership and see if they know what it is.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm not sure what that label is, but could it be this one?

This is (or was in my case) located under the long storage compartment, maybe under the battery? (About where your knees would be when riding.) Mine came off as the PO drilled a hole for a hook to hold a bag or pack.
Edit: On second thought, that hole looks too big for a hook, so it must be where the battery tender connector came out, which means it would be on the left just under the battery (visible on the outside of the bike).

·
Registered
870 Posts
If that's not it, maybe it's something they only put on CA bikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what that label is, but could it be this one?

View attachment 89566

This is (or was in my case) located under the long storage compartment, maybe under the battery? (About where your knees would be when riding.) Mine came off as the PO drilled a hole for a hook to hold a bag or pack.
I think that may be it! (Although the label doesn't identify itself as a Fed Cert) Sure enough, mine is in that location too. I'll go to the DMV again tomorrow. I sure do thank you for the information.

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hope it works out. About half the time I'm transferring a vehicle (most often a bike) I end up having to make two trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts