Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idea: Just a thought:
I wonder if it would be possible in the site software to split the location entry box in our profiles into 4 boxes: 1) City 2) County 3) State and 4) Country. Why? For the greatly enhanced search capability that would give us....
>> Although I know we can sort by location in the long memberlist, the ability to list by city or county alone would give us a quick way of finding our fellow local Burgman owners (especially those who may not be active on the site) to, for example, organize a ride, ask a question, etc.
>> The ability to search and sort by county and state would be beneficial if we were going to go touring....we could find other members in the state/county where we were headed and perhaps find the most scenic backroads on which to travel....
>> I also think it would be fascinating to sort by country alone, to find out how many members are in England, Japan, Australia, etc.........
Just a thought.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Michael,

In theory it's a great idea. From the technical side it'd be tough. It's not just a matter of changing the fields in the profile. It'd require changing the database structure, any pages that reference the location field (including the view posts, member lists. view member profile), and the member creation/edit pages too. It will also make any future updates to the forum software difficult to install since it will require customizing for those changes. I doubt we'll see it implimented.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Bill,

Instead of changing the existing location field these fields could be added. This would allow for a search in the Profile area. Just a thought.

Janine

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sounds like a good idea if it can be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts