Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick my scoot up from the dealer soon. Sounds like we are back to the coil and bracket. I was told that loose ground connections, which opened when it heated up, was the root cause of my apparent power failures. Cost about $250 including the 25 mile tow between shops. No parts replaced, just mechanical tightening.

Don't understand why there was no computer code dumped or engine warning light but there are many things I don't understand.

wish me luch with her,

-Ken L

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
GL2U.

Maybe there were no codes or warning lights because whatever the problem was didn't cause a sensor to pick up anything amiss.
For every fault code, someone has to come up with a trigger and program for it.

For $250 they must have done a LOT of tightening. How many hours of labor did that buy you?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about $110 was for towing, so $140 = two hours. From the sounds of it, they drove it for 30- 45 minutes total to see the problem and then to see that the problem went away.

·
Registered
467 Posts
That stinks, but at least your back on the road! It could have been a lot worse. If it's the first money you've had to hand over and it's a K4, that's not too bad!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
$70 per hour is pretty good. Rates around here are closer to $100. The mechanics at the local boat dealers are up to $120 now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts