Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'
The other day I beamed over a few photos of my Miss Burgie to a K bike BMW friend in Italy.

One of the returned comments I received back was that

"a scooter feels too much like sitting on a chair".

I beamed back, funny this in one of things I really like about piloting a Burgman. :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
And sitting comfortably in a chair is supposed to be a bad thing? That sounds like the comment I got from somebody one time when he said "Burgman's were too easy to ride." Go figure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy to ride

'
Yes, the guy I purchased my Miss Burgie from made a similar comment, he said that he needed a clutch. I said that I liked both not having a clutch or needing to shift. Now that I think of it, the low DB level is a GREAT plus or should I say minus isn't it.

One Harley friend commented just B 4 we headed out on our first ride together that I will not be able to hear when I need to shift as we ride together, obviously he didn't know the left clutch lever is actually for the rear brake.....

He later took Miss Burgie for a ride, happy to report that he came back with a big grin on his puss saying he likes it. He n his brother own an small excavation company, wonder if this will cause him to need the noise and complications of his Harley or want the quiet n ease of the Burgman???? Only time will tell... He did comment that all his on board storage when he goes for a ride is in the pockets of his blue genes. However, his brother called it a girls bike....... FYI: I declined his offer to pilot his Harley.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
girlie bike

the burger is a girls bike. it attracts women like moths to a flame. i've had more women ask me about the burger than ever asked me about any harley i owned.the guy just wishes he had the nads to ride a burger.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Out in West Texas :sunny: on our summer tour a young man came up and ask if those where our bikes outside. We said yes and he said, what is that silver one, a Scooter On Steriods? Thought that was a pretty good descrition of Angel's Burgy. :angel8:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chick Magnet

'
Bill n ScooterTrash,

Mikey, the fat long haired blond kid on TV's American Chopper/OCC calls scooters "Chick Magnets". Guess he should have said the Burgman is "Scooter On Steroids Chick Magnet "?????

Yes, I agree 1o1%, I think tit tiz defitnaly a nad size problem for many a macho bike type/owner as far as there comments on the Burgman. However, I do truly feel SaidZuk could have come up w/a MUCH better name than Burgman....

But who cares what SaidZuk named our toys or waht the Macho man call it because , it is a bright sunny 30 degree day here in N.E. Pa, gonna light off Miss Burgie n take her out for some exercise as soon as I finish feeding my face. Hate to see that sexy big butt of her get out of shape due to no winter exercise...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Long Johns

'
Don,

A BIG nope........ No shorts today, 30 is cold.... I was actually thinking I should ahve had my flanel PJ lined snow plowing pants on that the wife made 4 me last winter......

It was cold. I actually zoomed by the hardware store first stop to pick up better gloves B 4 I started my recreational portion of today flight.....

About 20 + - miles all in all (my chin was coldest). How about U, U still riding?

Glennnnnnnnnnnnnn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts