Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

LIKE NEW 2009 KYMCO Xcting 500Ri Fuel Injected with BOSCH ABS

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Doc Wheezer 
#1 · (Edited)
The Kymco xciting 500Ri with aggressive sport bike styling and power, it delivers high quality and super economy 58m.p.g.
It's electronic fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine delivers. You can cruise at highway speeds with plenty of passing power in reserve.
KYMCO's popular "Twist and Go" CVT transmission provides stepless acceleration from a standing start all the way up to cruising speed. Not quite as sophisticated as a 650 Burgman, but a LOT cheaper to repair if you need to.
This bike also has BOSCH ABS Anti-Lock Brakes for SAFE STOPPING in wet weather.
ONLY 7255 miles on this bike, Garage Kept, Oil changed at 7000 miles with K&N oil filter, Mobile 1 Full synthetic engine oil and Gear Lube with Mobil 1 syntheic gear lube.
The bike comes with two brand new air filters, 1 OEM Kymco and 1 DNA High Performance (k&n style) air filter.
Plus I have a Removable Locking Trunk and backrest with heavy duty custom made steel mounting bracket included.

This Bike Is READY TO RIDE HOME or for those in surrounding states U-Haul rents motorcycle trailers 24 hours for $17 RT.

Senior Owned....CLEAN TITLE IN HAND
ASKING $2888

See less See more
#7 ·
I've heard lots of good things about the reliability of Kymco scooters , if I remember correctly they have a 2 year warranty verses a 1 year with most other scoots . A local dealer told me he personally would buy a Kymco over a Honda . That said from what I've seen the resale value on them is not so good . There is one for sale here on Craigslist for at least a year for around the same price .

TheReaper!

#8 ·
I think its the thought that it is a cheap chinese scooter that scares people away. I thought that myself at first, but after doing some research, I realized that Kymco is very respected worldwide, just not known to Americans......

#11 ·
I think its the thought that it is a cheap chinese scooter that scares people away. I thought that myself at first, but after doing some research, I realized that Kymco is very respected worldwide, just not known to Americans......
Are parts also hard to come by? I know there is a huge aftermarket product lineup but mainly foreign shipping. Kymco also makes the BMW scooter engines.

I would guess that Bake is correct that it is the China syndrome , and I would guess that parts may take a little longer to get . That said I think you could buy one of these with low miles for 2K give or take , which I think is a bargain . That said I wouldn't want to be totally dependent on one for my transportation . In other words for a multiple bike owner it would be a great deal . I mean really what can you buy for 2K today ? I wouldn't be afraid to buy one for commuting or running around town for errands etc. . It's no 650 Burgman but one up it would do freeways no problem , and I'm sure some one would get his money's worth at 2K .
There is a scooter section on the ADVrider site and every one there has high praise for Kymco scooters .

TheReaper!

#9 ·
Are parts also hard to come by? I know there is a huge aftermarket product lineup but mainly foreign shipping. Kymco also makes the BMW scooter engines.

#12 ·
Not really, as a matter of fact there is a wholesaler on the Kymco Forums who will sign you up as a dealer so you can get dealer prices on parts.
That said, No Kymco isn't like Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha etc. With a huge network supply chain. In my experience and I have ordered small stuff from both Kymco and Suzuki because neither dealer had what I wanted in stock, both took about 3 to 5 days to get my order in.
Ordering from outside the dealer netwrok. The DNA Hi-Pro air filter I order for the Kymco was shipped from Greece, it took 10 days. I'm still waiting for the BMC Hi-Pro air filter to be back in stock for the Burgman. They are made in Italy.

I hope I answered your question.

#10 ·
As you see I own both Kymco xciting 500Ri ABS and a Suzuki Burgman AN650.
I had been looking for a Burgman when I ran across a Craigslist ad for the Kymco. I also did some quick research and found out Kymco was made engines for Honda, Arctic Cat and is making engines for BMW and Kawasaki. I felt pretty good about heading down to Kingman, AZ with a trailer and checking it out. After a short test ride, first time riding anything with a Twist-n-Go CVT, bought on the spot. Not two months later a Burgman comes up for sale here in Vegas, ended up buying it too. I really enjoy riding both.
The only thing that worries me is the cost of repair, if anything happens to the Burgman's transmission. I have read that a complex repair of the transmission can run around the neighborhood of $3500.
At that price the bike becomes a throwaway.
Kymco transmission is a very simple design. There is not a whole lot to go wrong and it is relatively cheap to fix, compared to the Burgman.
In my Opinion
The Suzuki Burgman 650 is like a Cadillac DeVille with a smooth Northstar engine
The Kymco xciting 500Ri is like a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP more sport bike like.

#13 · (Edited)
SOLD 2009 Kymco xciting 500Ri ABS on 02-07-15 for $2888.00

I SOLD my 2009 Kymco xciting 500Ri ABS Saturday 02-07-15 (I'm sure the 78 degree weather we have been having here in the Southwest this last week helped some.)
To a wonderful person from California, who even though she owned a full size truck, she took my advise and rented a U-Haul motorcycle trailer for $16.00/24hr. That trailer makes loading and unloading so much easier and with the full size tires on their new trailers towing them is even better.
I told her that's how I got the bike home after I bought it down in Kingman, AZ. Like her I rented the trailer for 24 hours without knowing if I was actually going to purchase the bike. I figured, $16 for the 24 hour rental was cheaper than a double trip and hundreds cheaper than a one way rental. I hope she enjoys her Kymco xciting 500 as much as I did.
This is the fifth bike in her collection. She has few old Harley's a Hayabusa, a Victory plus some atv's and now a Kymco xciting 500. She definitely is not a newbie to the world of Motorsports.

I sold it for my asking price, regardless of what others thought about the make or it's origins of manufacture. I knew, I was asking a fair price for a 2009 KYMCO 500RI ABS with only 7272 miles on it.

Doc Wheezer

#15 ·
Some times ya win. Glad you did hold out as I thought you had a very fair price on it but it was too far for me to think about.

#16 · (Edited)
Thank You, I was more than happy with the sale.
I knew that living in Las Vegas my market area was out to about 300 miles away. That meant a large part of Arizona, Nevada and all of southern California were open and that is where I tried to target my ads. With the price of gas as it is right now and U-Haul's cheap motorcycle trailer rental rates, heck to seal the deal, I would have rented a trailer and delivered up to 300 miles myself. I also knew with spring right around the corner, prime riding weather here in southwest it would sell with no problem. As I'm writing this it's 73 degrees outside and birds are singing. (dogs barking too)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.